surgery date?

manyquestions4u
on 5/7/11 5:37 am - Winnipeg, Canada
hey girls, i was wondering when you get your date. Do you get it after your appt with Laura? Like does she schedule it while you are there? Or do you get a call from Julie after your NUT appt? How does it work? thanks girls
Hayley
Sista10
on 5/7/11 5:58 am - Winnipeg, Canada
I had a tentative date before I saw Laura, Julie said it would be confirmed when I saw Laura, but she was off that day so I called her, and then she called me to move my date up, and 2 days later I got a confirmation letter in the mail.
Can always call maybe she will give you a tentative date also
camrose42
on 5/7/11 8:44 am
Do you have your surgery date already Hailey?
manyquestions4u
on 5/7/11 10:14 am - Winnipeg, Canada
 no not yet, i am waiting very impatiently
notoriousgrannyD
on 5/7/11 11:07 am
VSG on 10/16/12
oh you are soooo close!  Do they do surgery every day of the week?  we are all so excited for you!   I am sure the time will pass quickly now and soon you will look back at this post (and be about 50 lb lighter lol) and think - geez where has the time gone?
Sista10
on 5/7/11 11:10 am - Winnipeg, Canada
They have done just over 50 surgeries since they started this program last June.
manyquestions4u
on 5/7/11 11:29 am - Winnipeg, Canada
 i believe they do the surgeries ,2 days a week (mon and thurs) and do 1-2 a day. it looks like the way the list is starting to move, that they are moving a lot  quicker than they were. the time will go quick!
Hayley
notoriousgrannyD
on 5/7/11 11:18 am
VSG on 10/16/12

oh boy.  I guess the reality is that at about 70 surgeries a year and approx. 700 on the list, we are looking at 10 years???? I'll be dead by then.  Maybe I could remortgage the house.......... not sure how hubby would handle that.

Sista10
on 5/7/11 11:24 am - Winnipeg, Canada
Things will speed up, they see the need for this surgery.
Kokonut
on 5/9/11 12:07 am
I got my call, met Dr.Vergis, got my paperwork to my doctor(same day), sent mine back in to the surgeons office(mailed next day) and 1.5 weeks after my appointment I had my date. I got it in a letter. LOL I came home from my doctors office( we were filling out my paperwork for the vsg) and went to the post office to grab my mail and lo and behold there was a letter from the surgeons. I freaked out, thinking I had filled something in wrong or they were telling me I was not getting surgery. NOPE!..just telling me that I was getting surgery in 4 weeks. SCORE!!!

So when I met with Laura she had to scramble a bit to get my pre-op diet figured out. No meditrim for me and my allergies. I only had 5 days after I met with her before I started my pre-op diet. The rest is, as they say, HISTORY!

Notorious Granny..(love the name by the way) This first year is considered a pilot program, to guage need and success of WLS in Manitoba. As we all can see the need is there and so is the success!! I really believe that they will be doing more and more surgeries. They have to go through all the red tape to get it set in stone. Don't get discouraged!!! Sure you can be prepared, but I think plenty will change this summer, when the program reaches the 1 yr mark.

I waited for 4 long years for my surgery and I ALMOST got the lap-band. So glad I didn't! I love my sleeve and I think it loves me too!
Highest Weight Ever:312 StartW:272 CW:164 SW:253 GW:180  Height 5'10"

Most Active