Pushing the Envelope

Michelle_2975
on 4/23/11 7:22 am - Canada
Ever since surgery I haven't had any problems trying and eating new foods. I have stayed away from breads, sugars, fried foods etc. Well yesterday I got too ****y. I had 1/2 top of a carrot muffin from the superstore. It didn't bother me so I ate the 2nd half of it. NEVER AGAIN!!! Now I know what dumping is. It sucks! I am not having muffins or any bread-like foods any more. I don't really know why I had it, it just tasted so good and old habits kicked in. I haven't even tried eating bread. I really don't know what I was thinking but I have learnt my lesson. So what I would like to pass on to everyone is that if you think it is going to make you sick don't try it. It is not worth it.
Have a happy Easter!

A dream come true!

(deactivated member)
on 4/24/11 12:10 pm - Canada

Oh Michelle! You poor girl! Well atleast you know now that those foods aren't for you. Can't blame a gal for trying though....Happy Easter to you too! ~Cheryl

Tanya W.
on 4/25/11 9:20 am - Winnipeg, Canada
Oh, that doesn't sound like fun.

I can have bread (about one slice at a time) but any fats and sugars have to be eaten in very small amounts. For me, there isn't any food that is worth getting sick over anymore.

Unfortunately, this is a lesson I had to learn for myself. No matter how many people told me to be careful, I had to push the envelope myself so that I knew what my limits are.

Take Care of yourself!

Tanya

Used2Bthin
on 4/27/11 6:01 am, edited 4/27/11 6:01 am - Canada

I tried eating bread with soup.  It was sooo tasty that I ate 3 quarters of the peice of bread.  By the time I was done I was so nausous and my heart was pounding so hard you could prob see it pounding in my neck.  I passed out on the couch for like 3 hours.  I am so afraid to try bread again!

I did eat 2 chicken nuggets yesterday, It felt like the biggest treat!

It is so hard giving up the carbs as that was about 90% of what I ate before the sugery!

Dr. Nohr in Medicine Hat.  Open RNY March 28 2011.  Start weight 253 current weight 122.       
Most Active