Hi re-introducing myself.

(deactivated member)
on 11/9/03 10:34 pm - haverhill, MA
I just wanted to re introduce myself. I have been away from the boards for a while (work, life etc.). My name is Kim. I had my open rny on 2/7/02 at Brigham & Women's Hospital with Dr Robinson. This was the best decision I ever made for myself. I am a little below my goal weight and healthier than ever before. I feel as though I have my life back. I have been given a second chance to be good to my body. Food is fuel now....not a friend...just something I need to stay healthy.
LauraL728
on 11/11/03 9:18 pm - SE Mass, MA
Hi Kim I am new to posting (but not new to the site) and I wanted to introduce myself. I had my surgery at Boston Medical Center on 4/9/03 with Dr. Forse. Even though I had complications and was in the hospital for 12 days, it was the best thing I did for myself too. I recovered quickly and have lost over 120 pounds. I hope to reach goal sometime next year. Now if I could only stop shopping for clothes!!! Take care Laura
mjvallee
on 11/16/03 10:07 am
Hi Kim; I am new to this format as I have not been on this site for many months. My name is MJ and had my surgery 6/25/01. I have lost about 120 lbs and still have about 45 to goal. I have been sorta depressed for some months now because I have not been able to get the rest of this weight off, and now have been making so many bad choices in eating. I have come back to this forum to maybe get a little bit of help to jump-start my weight loss. I am going to try and forcus on healthy eating, lower carb choices and more protein. Well thanks for any input and advice anyone has for me. I am grateful everyday for the WLS. Thanks, MJ
sssuzie1
on 11/19/03 1:48 am - Abington, MA
Kim! It is great to see you on here again! I guess I'll reintroduce myself as well: I had my open RNY on 3/28/02 at Brigham & Women's Hospital with Dr. Robinson. I have lost a total of 113 pounds, and I'm about 20 pounds away from goal. I feel WONDERFUL - I have not regretted one moment since having this surgery! So many things have changed in my life - I feel great about myself, more confident, more accepted (isn't it awful that we have to be thinner to be found acceptable in our society?). I have also had a great man in my life - from approx. 1 month after my surgery til now! He's terrific, and he got to see my "transformation". Anyhow, Kim, keep in touch and keep up the good work - you look TERRIFIC!!!!! Lisa
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 629 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2197 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4386 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4512 views