HI! I'm Shele..glad I found you all!

Michele R.
on 6/19/03 10:28 am - Pittsfield, MA
Hey everyone! Pre Op here! I am Shele 29y/o (ok...I'll be 30 on 29June...but who's counting)=o). I am married to a USN Sailor and we have two children ages 4.5 boy and 26 months girl. We are currently stationed in my hometown of Pittsfield, Massachusetts. I am 40.00 BMI...or last time I did the calculation I was. I have been researching WLS for 2 years now. I would have had it done by now but just as I was about to make the waiting list for surgery we had to leave our last duty station to come to this one. THat was back in Oct. Now that my husband has finally met up with us and we got our insurance back on track I am about to embark yet again on my WLS journey. From square one of course. It is such...bs. Anyhow...starting on 1July I will go to my PCM to get yet another referral to a Gastric Bypass Surgeon. Since I am so much closer to NY state than I am to Boston I will probably be going there or somewhere like Bay State. Not sure. So wish me luck everyone. If anyone would like to share the name of some good docs please let me know. I am grasping straws now. =o( Any help would be greatly appreciated. Is there anyone on this list who lives in Pittsfield? I would love to talk with someone via phone. I have no idea about any local support group meetings other than one in Lenox I believe and I totally forgot where that one was by the time my husband finally arrived and I now have a sitter for the babes I can go now. I sure do miss my old support group, it was so nice to have that "bond" with others that I just don't get with "the outside". Strange, I kind of feel like I am in a world of my own with all of my WLS friends and everyone else is on the outside, Does anyone else get that feeling? Maybe that will change post op but I can't know that until I cross that path. I hope to get some responces from my post. Thanks for reading and take care! =o) Hugs! Shele
frostin_queen
on 6/21/03 3:13 pm - stafford springs, ct
Hi! I'm Shannon I am pre-op also.I'm not in Pittsfield.....but I was born there and still have family there.I'm in CT,not far from the Mass. border. I just wanted to tell you about the surgeons at Baystate. I have Dr.Imtiaz Munshi...also in that office is Dr. Nicholas Coe. Dr. Munshi is awesome....very friendly and very straight forward. They do have support groups....I go to the ones in Springfield. They have one on Monday night 6/23 from 6-8 in the Nutmeg building. If you are interested in any info feel free to contact me.I look forward to chattin with you!Take Care!Shannon
frostin_queen
on 6/22/03 1:51 pm - stafford springs, ct
Hi! Just me again...lol I made a mistake about the meeting place for Baystate.It is in the Chestnut Building from 6-8. I had my nuts mixed up...lmao!!! Nutmeg is my pcp office here in CT. Take Care!
Suzi C.
on 6/24/03 5:23 am - Amesbury, MA
Hi Shele, I wanted to wish you luck in your search for a surgeon. I had my surgery done at Salem Hospital, no where near your neck of the woods!! I am 5 months out and am down 61 lbs. I'm getting there. It is all a process. Some people lose fast but I'm a slow loser. As long as the scale goes down I guess I'm okay. My only input in your search is make sure you go to a place that has a follow up program. I can see on the message board that some people don't get that and they are just floating out on their own wondering what to do next. Salem Hospital has an excellent program. I see the nutritionist and an RN once a month as well as check ups with the surgeon. I haven't been to many support meetings because I have two young kids and it's a one hour ride to Salem. I don't think they could stand it and it would get over too late for them. Good luck!!
sheryl titone
on 7/6/03 4:58 pm - las vegas, nv
hi shele. i live in north adams. my brother in law, also in north adams, had his surgery done by dr munchie at baystate medical. he is an awesome dr & baystate is a great hospital. good luck!
kingd1
on 7/8/03 11:40 am - Blandford, MA
Hi Shele, I live very close to you and I attend my support group meetings at the United Methodist Church of Lenox on 6 Holmes Rd. (behind Lenox Savings) in Lenox MA. the next meeting is July 17 from 6-8 pm. Please join us. The group is sponsored by Baystate Medical Center of Springfield. The docs (Dr. Coe and Dr. Munshi) are who we all will have or have had surgery with. They are very good at what they do. Please email me if you would like and I Hope to see you there. Donna
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 629 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2197 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4386 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4512 views