How long is the hospital stay?

LISA V.
on 2/8/13 7:38 am - Malden, MA
Revision on 02/25/13

I finally got approved for my revision to be banded on 2/25/13. I am just curious how long the hospital stay will be? I received a packet in the mail about the surgery, but its leading me to believe I will be going home that day??? Could that be right?

cheyenne000
on 2/8/13 7:52 am
VSG on 03/25/16

What are you revising from? Some have lapband placed as a out patient some Doctors like you to stay over night.Unless you are revising from another surgery then the stay may be longer

Lapband - Jan 2009 weight goal reached with lapband. Revised to VSG- 1/25/16

LISA V.
on 2/8/13 8:13 am - Malden, MA
Revision on 02/25/13

Roux-en-y was my original surgery 10 yrs ago. 

kathkeb
on 2/8/13 8:05 am

I was self pay and was outpatient.

Got there at 6:30 for a 7:30 procedure and home around noon.  Easy, Peasy, Mac and cheesy for me.

i was driving the next afternoon because I did not need pain meds.

Kath

LISA V.
on 2/8/13 8:14 am - Malden, MA
Revision on 02/25/13

Wow that's great!!! How long ago was your surgery?

kathkeb
on 2/8/13 10:22 am

My surgery was in June of 2009 so almost 4 years ago.

Kath

Hislady
on 2/8/13 8:17 am - Vancouver, WA

I have a clotting issue so I had to stay for 3 days, but otherwise probably could have gone home the same day or the next day at most. Not a difficult surgery as surgeries go.

LISA V.
on 2/8/13 8:19 am - Malden, MA
Revision on 02/25/13

I am sorry to hear that! I am really shocked at the thought of going home the same day. My first surgery I was in 3-5 days. I'm not sure.

crystal M.
on 2/8/13 9:33 am, edited 2/8/13 9:34 am - Joliet, IL

I was kept overnight also because I was severely dehydrated and they felt I was a fall risk.  Since I live by myself the doctor felt  that was a problem.  So until I got my fluids back to normal I had to stay.  I also had to wear this fall risk tag!!!  Thankfully it took only over night and several bags of of fluid to get me hydrated again. 

But I think I dehydrate when there is a trauma to my body, because I had the same problem after having my daughter.

Stephanie M.
on 2/8/13 12:14 pm

Are you doing Bob (band over bypass) or taking down your RNY and doing a straight out band?

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

Most Active