need advice badly

Wendybrum
on 12/19/11 6:33 am - Oceanside, NY
 SO i got .75 unfill last mo because i was too tight. felt better mmediately. No more heartburn everything was great. I started eatng more because i was hungry.  I gained 2.4 lbs. Frecked out went to dr to get a slight fill. He said he would rather wait because I could possibly have dialated band but iti wasn't clear. He wanted to wait 6 mo.get another upper GI then possibly a small fill.
Now the past few days have been strange- i woke up 2 ofthe three days coughing so i was thinking more of an unfill is necessary.
The other piece is i woke up dizzy, headache and weak. I am not sure if it is band, bp not eating enough protein.
Maybe a little of all. Has anyone ever gotten dizzy with being tight?
Obviously I need to go to the dr but which one WL or regular dr.
Wendy
jessielynn0521
on 12/19/11 6:52 am - Ronkonkoma, NY
I had to have a complete unfill 2 weeks ago.  I have been to my internal med dr many times over the past two months with dizziness first I had dehydration then every since we can not get my bp raised it is extremely low my int. med dr has put me on  a high sodium diet (yea thats gonna help weight loss) but so far it is not helping and bp still down.   Hope you feel better soon

Jessica

Wendybrum
on 12/19/11 7:02 am - Oceanside, NY
 thanks
you too
wendy

kathkeb
on 12/19/11 7:23 am
Wendy
I have had dizziness as a result of de-hydration.

Any chance that you are not getting enough fluids?  
It could be alot of things ----- take care of yourself.

Personally, I would call the band doc and ask their opinion -- to see him or your PCP.
Kath

Wendybrum
on 12/19/11 8:06 am - Oceanside, NY
 i thought of dehydration but recently i have been vigilent about my water.
i will try band doc unfortunatly he picks up his messages fri I may say it is an emergancy to get him
wendy

steelerfan1
on 12/19/11 8:18 am
are you eating enough carbs ? Its not good to cut carbs completly out of our diet especially if you exercise.

The days I do Zumba with core training I will hit between 80-100 carbs that day. I didnt do that tonight and I about passed out from it , I got extremly dizzy. I only had about 15 carbs today and then doing exercise not a good combination .
Zee Starrlite
on 12/19/11 11:13 pm

First it sounds like you have a dilated esophagus - NOT  dilated Band. No harm is done to the band, it is our insides that get wounded!  Bravo to your doc for not filling you!

On the vertigo - have you had your iron levels checked?  Have you checked for: dehydration, high blood pressure,  abnormal glucose levels?  Are you eating a balanced diet.

Good luck Hun.  If I were you, I'd get a complete unfill so that your insides have a chance to heal without the pressure of a filled band.

Blessings,
Leila

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

Wendybrum
on 12/20/11 12:01 am - Oceanside, NY
 dr said band but I knew he must have misspokebecause the band cant dialate.
I have been drinking, on bp meds, sugar not surecause i never had a prob with it. My friend was going to come over to check it if i was dizzy this morn, since i wasnt she didn't. I am watching my eating closely since the .75 unfill i am afaird to gain and did 2.4 lbs.
Cut out the snacking, cutting my eating portions( since the unfill i can eat more). Making sure I am eating protein. 
Waiting for PA to call back.
Thanks for your advice.
Wendy

Nic M
on 12/20/11 12:06 am
I know I say this all the time, but it's because it's true for banded people. The diaphragm is affected by the band.  When the diaphragm gets irritated (or the nerves, anyway,) it can cause dizziness, trouble breathing, left shoulder pain, weakness, headaches, nausea, sweating. And it can be severe or mild.

But if your esophagus is spasming, it will cause the diaphragm to get into the act.
It sounds like you need a looser band, definitely. Good luck to you.

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

Wendybrum
on 12/20/11 12:10 am - Oceanside, NY
 Thank you
Most Active