crock pot

carriesb
on 5/21/11 12:29 pm
Anyone know of easy good Band friendly crock pot receipes that my toddler would also like. She likes chicken but not a lot of kinds of other meat.
Thanks
mary101678
on 5/21/11 10:21 pm - RI
VSG on 07/10/12
Almost any recipe you can cook on top of the stove, you can make in a crockpot. In fact, WW has quite a few. There is a great veal stew recipe, plus any kind of soup, stew, or even a whole chicken can be cooked in a crock pot.

Another favorite of ours is to take about 6 skinnless chicken drumsticks and put them in a crockpot with about a half a bottle of barbeque sauce. When they are done, grill them for a few mins on the grill (make sure you spray the grill with Pam grill spray or they will stick), and serve with coleslaw and oven fried sweet potatoes.

I'm glad to see that crockpots are coming back into vogue. It's great to come home at the end of the day and find a wonderful one pot meal all ready to serve.

Good luck!

Mary

Jshivery
on 5/22/11 12:42 am
Revision on 03/10/16

I put 6 chicken breast in a crock pot and pour some Sun Dried Tomato alfredo sauce over it.  Let it cook all day and serve w/ butter noodles and broccoli.  I haven't had it since I have had the band, but only because my hubby doesn't care for it.  My kids on the other hand, LOVE it.  I have 5 people in my family so I have to do the 6 chicken breasts + we love to take leftovers for lunch.  so you could defiantly do less.  I have also put chicken breast in a crock pot w/ cream of chicken soup and pour Stove Top stuffing over it and I think you add broccoli to it as well, but I actually got that recipe from Campbells soup website!  They have some kickass recipes on there!  Not to expensive and fast! 

HOpe that helps a little bit...but like the other poster said, Weigh****chers has some kickass ones too!!

grannymedic1
on 5/22/11 9:13 am - Lake Odessa, MI
Revision on 08/21/12
I nearly always do my chicken (boneless skinless thighs) in the crock pot. It is the only way it will go down for me.

I have one recipie that I use a lot because my husband, grown children, and grandchildren all love it. Me too, and I can use it for lunch the next day.

Put your chicken in the crock pot, pour light italian dressing over it (or use the packets with the low oil recipie. Then sprinkle a packet of dry ranch dressiing mix oover the chicken. Cook on low 4-6 hours. When tender I dump in some mushrooms and 8 oz. non fat cream cheese. When ready serve with rice (for the others). It is yummy and I have even done it with the chicken frozen. You can use a lime marinade instead of the italian dressing.

Highest weight: 212.8 Current weight 135 Lost 77.8 pounds

debbie H.
on 5/22/11 11:38 am - AR
I found this one, and the chicken was so soft, moist and tender!
4 or 5 chicken breasts
1 can mild rotel
1 can corn
1can black beans (I used purple hull peas because of hubby)
1 8oz ff cream cheese
season as you like (I like cavenders)

Cook on low.  Will be done, warm and tender

Stacy C.
on 5/23/11 8:39 am - Laguna Hills, CA
I use the allrecipes.com website. They have a whole section on slow cooker recipes! As a matter of fact I made a whole chicken in the crock put yesterday! Marinade was low-sodium soy sauce, olive oil, garlic, lemon, and honey and after 8 hours on low the meat literally fell off the bone! I couldn't get the thing out of the crock pot in one piece! But for a bandster, having meat that tender is best! And I cook my whole chickens breast side down so the white meat is really tender! I have a pork tenderloin to try out next!
Most Active