"There is no magic!"

anumrzvee
on 4/18/11 5:20 am - PA
How true is that line concerning the lapband or ANY weight loss surgery? That quote came from a reknown doctor makin a guest appearance on a television show. Part of what he tells people who want to lose weight is to change their attitude about food and exercise. "Your mind has to be in the right place. If it's not in the right place your body's not going to follow and you're not going to make the right changes. There is no magic!"

Our minds have to be transformed BEFORE the transformation of our bodies can take place. The initial weight loss is great, but it won't continue forever. The surgery only accounts for a small portion of our success. It's only a tool. If a carpenter never picked up his hammer and used it, it wouldn't do him any good in the tool box. If we don't utilize our surgeries in the manner they are meant to be used, success will elude us. Pushing ourselves away from the table when we are satisfied, moving more and changing our eating habits are all necessary to win this race.

So, because we know that, let's do all we can to work the surgery or our choice!

It isn't magic, but it sure does the trick!

Von a.k.a.
  Anumrzvee

harleychick02
on 4/18/11 6:05 am - Lakewood, CO
Amen! Just what I needed to hear today

qmed2002
on 4/18/11 8:00 am
That was very insightful and very true!

cheyenne000
on 4/18/11 9:00 am
VSG on 03/25/16
well said

Lapband - Jan 2009 weight goal reached with lapband. Revised to VSG- 1/25/16

babynurse1217
on 4/18/11 9:14 am - NC
Very true and well said!

(deactivated member)
on 4/18/11 10:46 am - San Diego, CA
"Our minds have to be transformed BEFORE the transformation of our bodies can take place."

This is the best sentence I have ever read and I am a living example that this is true!!!  I didn't have my mind right the first time around, but ongoing therapy with my revision surgery has changed my life. SO TRUE. :)
anumrzvee
on 4/18/11 11:26 am - PA
Thanks LisaBeezee!

Feel free to use that line, if you like! lol

Good for you that you've reached and surpassed your goal! I'm gonna be like you when I grow small!

Von a.k.a.
  Anumrzvee

(deactivated member)
on 4/18/11 11:46 am - San Diego, CA
When you grow small...LOL!!!  You got jokes!  Loves it. :)  Thanks for your kind words...
Yelena K.
on 4/18/11 9:09 pm - Plymouth, MN
 It's just a tool... and it can be easily misused or broken.. haha... so to speak. Fixing our head is the hardest part... that took me a long time... and I'm still fighting myself!

2019: 11 years out and maintaining a loss of 150lbs.

Follow me:

www.morethanmyweight.com

www.facebook.com/morethanmyweight

www.youtube.com/morethanmyweight

Most Active