Other Medicaid Drs for VSG

teresa C.
on 11/27/12 12:54 am - Natchitoches, LA
VSG on 12/19/13

I just called Dr Noria's office to see about getting the VSG and they say they are not accepting new patients :( Does anyone know any Other doctors that accept.

Im assuming since Dr Bellows is in the same vicinity that he is also not accepting new patients...

teresa C.
on 12/4/12 10:30 am - Natchitoches, LA
VSG on 12/19/13

OMG its like pulling teeth here to get an answer....

Soon2bSleevedBebee
on 12/28/12 4:10 am - lutcher, LA

ima patient of dr noria. she is leaving to move back to canada. she said shes gonna refer all her patients to Ochner- new orleans. but b4 ochner let u set up an appt. u have 2 attend their semminar.. the next 1 is Jan 10 @530. MIGHT I ADD I ONLY HAVE 1 APPT LEFT 2 DO. AND THATS SLEEP STUDY. THAT APPT IS JAN 1ST.. SO U BETTA JUMP ON DA BAND WAGON.. Feel free 2 email mail me.  [email protected]

teresa C.
on 3/6/13 8:45 am - Natchitoches, LA
VSG on 12/19/13

I didnt kno you could do everything BEFORE the appts. How do U do that?

Nellybelly2012
on 3/6/13 11:13 am - LA

I did not have to do the sleep study or answer all those weight questions but that may depend on the insurance!

HW 283/ SW 268/ CW 220/ GW 135  

teresa C.
on 3/6/13 12:05 pm - Natchitoches, LA
VSG on 12/19/13

what insurance did U use if U dont mind my asking. I have Medicaid UHC. So you went to the Seminar then had the appt? You did not have to undergo the appts with other drs or tests ?

Nellybelly2012
on 3/6/13 12:38 pm - LA
I have Medicare.. I went to the seminar then called and made my first consult appt. It went pretty quickly, my cousin said if you had been to one of the drs at Tulane like her that you didn't have to start all over you could get your records forwarded.

HW 283/ SW 268/ CW 220/ GW 135  

teresa C.
on 3/7/13 7:34 am - Natchitoches, LA
VSG on 12/19/13

This is my First go-round. I havent done Anything..

(deactivated member)
on 5/28/13 3:33 pm, edited 5/28/13 3:36 pm - Baton Rouge, LA

If you're going through Ochsner in New Orleans, then you have to attend a seminar first, then schedule a consult with one of the surgeon's PA's. Once you've had your consult, you are scheduled for a chest x-ray, an upper GI, and EKG and you begin your 6 month medically supervised weight loss program with a dietician which is a requirement of Medicaid through UHC community plan. In that 6 months you will get your psych eval done and any other testing the Surgeon's PA thinks you may need based on your medical history. There are two dieticians on staff in the New Orleans office.Once you've completed the 6 month medically supervised weight loss program (to prove you are willing to change), the submit your records to the insurance company for approval. Once approved, they can schedule your surgery. Approval can take anywhere from a few weeks to a few months depending on whether or not there is a denial that needs to be appealed.

teresa C.
on 5/29/13 10:07 am - Natchitoches, LA
VSG on 12/19/13
Ive already started.my process with Ochsner met with the doc. And dietitian. But thanks for the reply.
Most Active