Any "out-of-towners" use Dr. Gachassin or Dr. Eschete?

Nancy B.
on 5/25/11 3:26 am - Bridge City, TX
VSG on 08/27/11 with
I just posted this in the VSG forum and realized maybe I should have posted it here instead. :)

I'm looking at my options for VSG surgery.  I will be self-pay and will likely have to travel at least a couple hours since I'm from a small town.

I was wondering how things went for those of you that used Dr. Gachassin or Dr. Eschete in Lafayette, Louisiana and were from out-of-town.  How many times did you have to make the trip to their office?  Or were you able to do a lot of the pre-op stuff over the phone?  Maybe show up the day before surgery for all your tests?  And what kind of tests were required for self-pay? Did you have to do a Psych. Eval.?  What do they offer as far as financial protection for unexpected complications post-op?

Any info. would be appreciated....thanks!
K-T
on 5/31/11 8:54 am - LA
I had my lap rny 11-08 with Dr.G, LOVE LOVE LOVE the man! Cant say enough about him & his caring staff. I only live 30 minutes from his office, so my trip is not far BUT I would NOT have had a problem with driving a long distance for his knowledge, professionalism, bed side manner, HONESTY, etc. He is WORTH IT.  I looked into many different Doctors before I made my decision & never not once did I regret my decision on Dr.G!!
I too was a cash pay:((( BCBS sucks! You can call his office and speak with anyone and they will be able to answer any and all questions that you have concerns with. I cant say if you will be able to have phone consults? You MAY be able to get your blood work & psych eval done locally and have the results sent to his office for your pre op visit, That would be a great question to ask!
I can only tell you what I personally had to do.  My psych eval was $100 it was no big thing at all they just need to make sure you know what you are getting into and that it is not magic you will have to work with your new tool for the rest of your life & I also took a computer self questionnaire 150 basic questions. Just making sure your not hiding in a closet eating snickers..lol
I also had to meet with his staff, they schedule your appointment with everyone in one day. If I remember correctly it was like 3 different visits all together before surgery. NOW after surgery is different! 2 week follow up, 4 week, 8 week, 6 month, 1 yr, & then every year after with blood work for the rest of your life.
If you have any other questions feel free to ask:) I also recommend going to support group that he offers to all of his patients, if you can I know it a drive to make!
Take Care, Katherine

What you eat in private, will show in public!!!
keshamarie
on 6/23/11 1:12 pm - Monterey, LA
keshamarie
on 6/23/11 1:22 pm - Monterey, LA
Most Active