7 years post op and gaining wieght. Help!!!!

mtabor
on 8/19/12 8:13 pm - TELL CITY, IN
I will be 7 yrs post op in Sptember. I orgianlly went from 326 down to 150 and kept if off successfully unitlabout 10 months ago.   Now I'm out of control and have put back on 70 pounds.   I need some help or advice.  Anybody??
severman
on 8/23/12 6:42 pm - Indianapolis, IN
I am right along with you.  I regained weight years ago due to steroids and never lost it.  There is a group on here called Back on Track Together.  You might join that group and get more support. 

My suggestion is to start back at the basics.  Don't eat and drink at the same time and log everything you eat.  You might be able to identify a pattern to when you are eating and what you are actually eating.

I am almost 10 years post op.  I have about another 50 pounds still to lose. If I can help in anyway, please let me know.

Stephanie E
anewbeginning2012
on 8/24/12 4:41 pm - IN
RNY on 10/01/12
 I am from Jasper, just a hop skip and jump away :)
I will have my surgery in October, so I don't have much advice for you dear. BUT, as I am reading in some groups on facebook, they say to dust off your papers from your surgery days...start back to basics. Do you know why you are gaining? not eating good things? portions? drinking with eating? OR are you doing what you are supposed to and still gaining? 150lbs is a lot of weight to take off- the good news is you haven't gained it all back yet. TAKE CONTROL now. You can do this!! please friend me and we can talk if you want. 
Kris
law2003
on 6/1/13 3:26 pm - Portage, IN

I have 7 years post op as well.  I had RNY went from 324 to 135.  I gained weight with pregnancy and went to 210.  I successfully lose 10 lbs  of water every time I diet.  I have gone to see docs and tried all the diets, went back to basics, and searched for help thought trainers and working out.  My thyroid is still in normal limits but higher than it has ever been.  Did anything for for you.  Just wondering what others did.  I have had blood and vitamin deficiencies and had to take B12 shots weekly with iron infusions every 3 months. I wish I could lose.  Did anything work for you?  I heard some people banded years after.  Sometimes my legs and body feel like they ae going to bust.  My gynecologist is going to look for a nephrologist or something to that avail he believes I have about 30 more lbs of water weight on me.

Lezlie S.
on 6/6/13 12:42 am - Kouts, IN

I am having similar issues too.  If anyone has suggestions please help.  I have trouble exercising.....I have been walking some.

Lezlie S.
Highest weight 266
Weight at time of Surgery 248
Current weight 194 Goal weight 145

Most Active
Recent Topics