Happy Saturday Roll Call

LisaTucker
on 10/10/15 8:18 am - IL

Happy Saturday Everyone,

I hope everything went good yesterday Carla.

Crystal, My Monica is having allergy problems too. She is always stuffed up, her eyes running and her voice keeps cracking. I hope both of you find some relief.

Nancy, how are both of you doing?

Has anyone hear from Christine?

What about Sharon?

I need to go to the post office this morning and mail a Birthday present to my Cousin, and then stop at the bank and get Hubert some cash. That should take me less then 1/2 hour, then I want to do some stuff around the house. We will see.

Hugs,

Lisa

crystal M.
on 10/10/15 6:20 pm - Joliet, IL

Hello everyone

I am late getting on here. I have been busy. I cleaned the whole house. I have been feeling so miserable this past week that I let the house work go. Since I have been feeling a little better today and I slept pretty good today I figured lets get to work.

Tomorrow I will be gone most of the day. So no relaxing.

Yes I wish Sharon would check in with us like she used to.

Well I gotta go hope every one had a nice Saturday.

carlak
on 10/10/15 6:54 pm - Bradenton, FL

I have to go back in Monday and do the upper gi. I still had contrast from the ct scan on Tuesday. Surgery/ endoscopy is still set or Wednesday.

image hosting site

Nancy G.
on 10/10/15 7:56 pm - La Salle, IL

Hi Everyone

It has been a week from hell. Has it only been a week? It seems like a year ago that I took Rick to the hospital!

He is doing a little better. He is in Peoria at OSF The stroke doctor says that he is not as bad as a lot of stroke patients so he really lucked out if you want to say that. I guess we can thank our blessings no matter how small they seem right now. He has damage on his right side but they hope that it will not be permanent. Right now, he can not move his right arm or leg. He is having trouble controlling his bladder and has a very difficult time talking. Thankfully, his mind does not seem to be affected. His humor is still there as well as his *****!

They have done tests on his bladder and it is 96% functioning and he told me today that they have begun working with him to learn to recognize when he has to urinate.

His speech was a little better today when I first talked to him, but the longer that we talked, the worse it became. I am sure it was because it took a lot of effort.

He told me that they set up a therapy plan for him today. That is great! He sounded like he was on board with the plan!

They have told us that he will take between 4 - 6 weeks of rehab to be able to come home depending on his willingness to work. He really misses the cats so I am using them as motivation/bribery.

We are trying to find a nursing home for him around here that the VA will pay for. I am praying that our VA home has room for him or that the VA will pay for a regular home or otherwise they will have to transfer him to Hines up in Maywood. I'd like him closer to home.

I am going to see him tomorrow. I was with him all day yesterday.

Monday, Tues and Wed I spent with work trying to get my computer set up. It was only susposed to take 1 1/2 hours. So 3 days was a little much on my patience. I delayed my start date to Oct 23.

Otherwise I am spending my days trying to figure out which end is up. Still trying to set up my office. I am so overwhelmed with everything I feel like I am taking 1 step forward and 3 steps backward with everything I am doing. Rick did so much around the house and I am realizing just how much he did and how much I no longer can do. I have fallen twice this week. My new goal is to teach the cats to dial 911 as they are zero help in getting me off the ground. They just gather round and stare at me! Nice help!

It is just one day at a time.

Everyone take care!

Cat Lady

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1101 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5623 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5366 views
Sunday Roll Call