Tuesday Roll Call

Phatchick
on 5/12/15 5:42 am - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

Hey Chicks!

I started a new "job" yesterday. It was weird. I got a call last week to interview, so I go over there at 9:30a....(long drive and tolls all the way) to be directed to a desk to have a seat in front of an old electric type writer. So I am thinking, "ok, a typing test" but I didnt even know how to turn the dinasaur on! The thing was so old, the keys had no letters on them from so much use......So then the attorney comes out and says to me. "Susan, can you wor****il 1:30?" I'm like, "sure". So I start answering the phones and taking messages and type 2 briefs for him. At 1:30p he asks me if I can work tomorrow (today) from 11a to 1p? I ask him, "does this mean I have the job?"  He says, "well, my receptionist/typist is on sick leave and I need someone right now, and my main girl is retiring in July so let's see. " Ugh!!!!! Right now I dont even know how much I am being paid.........I do need another part time job, so lets see if this is the one. i have been looking for another food service banquet server job . I've never worked in a law office, so this is good experience for me. I love the fact that I am the youngest in the office! That hasnt happened in 30 years  I'm taking it day to day.

My spring cleaning is in full gear. Room by room I am taking it slow but steady.

I need to donate some stuff, soes anyone know who comes to the house and picks up?????

Well, I am off. Enjoy this brrrrrr day the Lord has given us.

Hugs,

Sharon

LisaTucker
on 5/12/15 6:25 am - IL

Hi Everyone,

I was also wondering  what month this is. So far, we have had rain heat and now this cold day. Jeans and a sweatshirt will be my outfit for this day.

How far away is the "new job". Is it worth the pay after you pay for gas and tolls?

Dawn, a company like that is not fun to work for. I am so grateful that my company understands that you have family situations, and health things and personal things that come up.Even though it is not a perfect company, I wouldn't leave it.

Not sure what I am doing today. I will just start on something and see where it goes.

Spagetti squash with meatballs  and sauce for dinner tonight. For me anyway. Hubert hates it, so regular spagetti for him. He will eat the meatballs. Plus a small salad. I will bake the squash now, so I can get some heat in here. I will NOT turn up the furnace in May.

Have a great day,

Hugs,

Lisa

crystal M.
on 5/12/15 10:00 am - Joliet, IL

Hello everyone

My day started with my computer monitor not working and then my email going down...I'm afraid to ask...what next.

Dawn- I worked for retail and restaurants for years and they do treat you like children.  Honestly, after working in an office setting for a long time I can say if you work for a big corporation it's not much different.  The company I worked for before I moved to Champaign had a points system.  But because I NEVER was late....ever.  Not in 9 years.  I never got points taken off.  As for calling off sick I got points taken off for it. They treat you like a number instead of a valued part a company.  

Sharon- You need to find out how much they are paying you.  That is a normal question.  You don't want him to think he can take advantage of you.  What happens if it really low and not worth it?  

I have to say after getting a new boss my job has been good.  A little slow...but good.  I haven't gotten yelled at.  In fact I feel I have a boss that goes to bat for me.  That is on my side.  It makes a big difference in your day when you don't have that looming over you..."am I going to get yelled at today"

Yesterday after work I came home started dinner and went right to work.  And Greg did the same thing.  I have to say it is still is amazing to be with someone that is not such a lazy bum.  Amanda's father would just lay there and I would have to do all of the work.  If anything he does more work than me.  And I am still not used to it...LOL!!!   

ChristineB
on 5/12/15 1:52 pm - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL

This evening I finish up the packing, tomorrow house cleaning, hair cut and will cut Davey Pooh's hair also.

On Thursday - everyone can sing with me - I am leaving on a Jet Plane by Peter, Paul and Mary . . .

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1085 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5609 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5352 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5382 views