Wednesday Roll Call

sjweiser
on 1/8/13 4:15 pm

Good Morning My OH Friends,

Well the week is half over. I have been doing real good keeping my weight off. I am looking forward to summer. I do not enjoy this cold weather with no padding. I take being cold then being obese.

I hope everyone is doing good?

Steven

crystal M.
on 1/8/13 8:14 pm - Joliet, IL

Hello everyone

I am so looking forward to the warm up this week.  It's sort lived but I'll take it.  Almost 60 will feel wonderful!!!

Even though I didn't get much sleep yesterday night I had no problems getting through the day.  No sleepiness at all.  My workout went really well too.  In fact a little too well.  I think I need to up the intensity again....that's always a touchy thing, increasing intensity usually causes me migraines the first couple of days.  It's getting too easy again.  For me, when I'm working out I like to push myself.  If I can get to then end of my hour on the elliptical and I didn't struggle...then time to intensify.  When I say struggle I mean, I have to dig deep in myself to keep going.  When I want to quit at 35 minutes...but I keep going.  If it's too easy breezy then I'm not building any muscle or and lung capacity.  I could exercise for hours if just took it easy. 

I made myself an egg for breakfast today.  I decided to have eggs for breakfast a few times a week.  My cholesterol is back to normal and eggs are a great source of omega-3 and vitamin D.  Funny how one egg can you fill you up now.  I remember before my surgery I would have 3 eggs, toast, sausage and even hash browns sometimes!!!!  Geeze no wonder I was obese...that is a ton of calories right there and it's only breakfast!!!     

The rest of my day looks like this...work, groceries, workout, dinner, relax, nite, nite....

Connie-  I wanted to say your shawl is soooo pretty.  You have such a talent for knitting.  I wanted to comment on your post last night but for some reason it wouldn't let me.  Which is weird because I was able to comment on everyone else's post???

Have a good day everyone...see ya later...bye

Phatchick
on 1/8/13 8:22 pm - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

HI Steven and Friends,

I heard it's going to warm up for the next day or so. I recall last year we had 50 degrees on the 10th of January and then by the 12th it was 10 degrees. I only remember because it's my birthday and it's always frigid on that day. Yesterday, I saw a map of the world and the changing heat patterns over the last 20 years. Our planet is suffering terribly from human abuse. I know people say it's a pattern our Earth takes and I agree that is true also, but I don't think it's good what automation has done to Mother Nature. Everyone's carbon foot print is getting bigger everyday. But I agree Steven, even with the warmer January temps, I am freezing without my armor of fat.

So far my new schedule of cleaning in the morning instead of going to the gym has been successful. My house is sparkling just the way I like it. I have spent mid day at the gym when it is more quiet and really have more time to spend, since I am not worrying about getting home and doing my chores. The only downside is by 6p I am so tired I can barely function. I barely make it thru the dinner dishes and I am ready to hit the sack. Pathetic. I'm a big bore.

Ok, I am not going to lie, I am getting a bit weirded out by this flu epidemic talk. Lately that's all I hear about. My best girlfriend works at Silver Cross Hospital and it's all she talks about and every time I watch the news it's the leading story. I hope NONE OF US GET IT. I made a big pot of chicken stock yesterday and freezed it in case we need it.

Today it a regular hump day.

Have a great day everyone!

Sharon

crystal M.
on 1/8/13 8:46 pm - Joliet, IL

Sharon-  Oh I agree with Climate change.  My daughter says we should use that term not global warming, because it's a misnomer.  You use a term like global warming and we have a cold snap and people start saying...what happened to global warming???  She said the proper term is Climate Change because we will see changes in extreme heat and cold.  She can explain better then I can...obviously she has a degree in Environmental Science from U of I...but I do what I can to limit my carbon foot print.  My daughter has done her job in educating me and making me feel guilty...hahaha!!!

But I don't care what she says I'm happy it's warm in January...shhh...don't tell her I said that!!!

You know the #1 thing you can do to avoid any illness is wash your hands!!!  Never, never touch your face when you are out in public and you have touched things.  the first thing I do when I walk in the door...I wash my hands!!!  Especially after a visit from Walgreens!!!  I carry antibacterial wipes with me.  I also wipe my cell phone down daily...your cell phone is actually a big germ factory!!!  And once a week I wipe down germy areas of my house...door knobs, remotes, light switches, handles, keyboards, faucets...you get the idea.  And now you know that I'm a complete germ-a-phobe.  But hey...(knock on wood) I haven't been sick in 3 years!!!  So my germ free zone thing works.  I do the same thing at work!!!   

randy777
on 1/8/13 8:22 pm - Schaumburg, IL

Bathtub is backing up this morning.

If the guy comes I can go volunteer at food pantry but if not I will have to call in as I cannot take a chance on it overflowing.

Pong is playable and close to being done.

http://www.codeskulptor.org/#user8-paYp6vO6lS-14.py

Randy

So you have been forgiven?

Lisa Tucker
on 1/8/13 8:31 pm - Streator, IL
Revision on 04/19/13

Happy Hump day.

Nothing exciting today. Work then dinner with friends, Home to watch Chicago Fire.

e did find a new place to eat last night. H20. It is right on the Illinois River. Nothing fancy, but very reasonable, I had a 6 inch grinder, and brought 1/2 home for lunch today. Hubert had a Tenderlion with fries. Very low keyed for our 47th anniverary.

Have a great day,

Hugs,

LISA

Phatchick
on 1/8/13 9:16 pm - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

47 years!!?!?!?!? A world's record now-a-days. Congrats on such a momentous occasion.Sharon

Nancy G.
on 1/8/13 9:36 pm - La Salle, IL

Good Morning Everyone!

I have to agree, I hate the cold weather but then I also hate the HOT weather.  So I cant win!  Steven, it is great that you are going to lead classes at the Kane center.  You have done so well and you deserve to feel good about yourself. 

Connie, I agree with everyone, the shawl is beautiful!  Maybe I should learn to knit!

Crystal, I cant believe what an exercise hound you have become!    God job!   

Lisa, Congrats on 47 years of marriage!  That is a milestone.  Where is H2O?

Sharon, It is always good to mix up your routines every once in awhile.  I can relate to being tired in the evenings.  I often come home from work and take a half hour nap!

Randy, I hope you get your bathtub resolved.  When mine was doing that the pipe that it drained to was completely blocked with hardened soap, hair etc.  They had to replace that part of the plumbing. 

I am so happy it is hump day!  My 1 hour car appointment took 2 hours last night! 

I have to say I too am concerned about Global Warming and I try to do my part.  However I will not give up my remote start in the winter.  I know that is terrible on the environment but I have such difficulty cleaning off a car windows.  That is my excuse and I am sticking to it.  I do try to contribute in every other way possible.

Everyone have a great day!

Cat Lady

Phatchick
on 1/8/13 9:59 pm - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

Woman, I wouldn't give up my remote start either if I had one! hugs, Sharon

birder I.
on 1/8/13 10:44 pm - Rockford, IL

Good morning!

Kay has remote start and it is really a blessing. Her car takes a long time to warm up.

Thanks for the comments on the shawl. I think this one is especially pretty. I found a new designer and really love her patterns.

Knitting this AM and then some hanging out! Basically like every day. LOL

Have a good day!

Connie

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/gay_lesbian_bisexual_transgender/

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1101 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5623 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5366 views