Sunday Roll Call

sjweiser
on 7/28/12 6:50 pm
 Good Morning my OH friends,
Well I have a second person at work considering doing weight loss surgery. I gave her my
surgeons name and phone number.  It really feels good to help people whom want to do this
type of surgery. I also let them now that I am there for support if they need it.

Well today is laundry day for me. Then I am off to Jewel-Osco and then to Whole foods.
I also made a chicken cacciatore I made it for me and my girl friend she really enjoyed it. I think next I do a turkey meatloaf should be good.

I hope everybody has a wonderful day today.
Steven

randy777
on 7/28/12 8:25 pm, edited 7/28/12 8:26 pm - Schaumburg, IL
Chris and then this forum were my major encoragement.  Chris mainly encouraged my wife since she was more active than I was at the time.  At that time I could still drive but I almost went home without going to the meeting at the Kane Centers offices when I saw I had to walk up stairs and then what seemed like a great distance into a building.  I got to where I was too big for all of my clothes except one pair of sweat pants so I was mostly too embarresed to leave the house but also very afraid that I would die every time I got out and went anywhere.  I was beaded up with sweat and thinking there was no oxygen by the time I got in the room.  Not to mention I became clostraphobic on the Metra and in the underground parts of the L.  I had a trainer teaching me to go to Rosemont on the bus and then into the city on the L.  When we got to Jackson and State I looked at the distance to get to the stairs she wanted to go out but another was closer and even though it was small and I had to squeeze through the gate I headed for the light.  Next problem was the insurance wanted to send me to Loyola at that time and then later to UIC, then my surgeon who ended up doing my surgery was wanting to quit but not ready to tell patients yet.  Those two places travel wise seemed like a trip to China at the time.

All that is passed now but I still prefer the bus to the L except when in a hurry.  No claustraphobia, just less jostling and I enjoy  seeing outside which was a problem on the Metra with the tinted windows, especially when at Union Station.

We went to Lincoln Park Zoo yesterday and walked over the south part of it and the conservatory.  We caught the slow 151 up Sheridan all the way to Devon for a late lunch / early dinner of which there is one or two meals left.  Buses back to the neighborhood Jewel for some eggs, Mio and G2

Today will be laundry and church then some golf or olympics I guess.

Randy

So you have been forgiven?

crystal M.
on 7/29/12 12:31 am - Joliet, IL
Hello everyone

I am being vary lazy right now.  as I am still in bed and I was reading.  I do a lot of reading these days (even a lot for me).   Brenda only has a few channels on TV and she is very protective of what her daughter watches on TV (even more so than I was and I thought I was bad).  So I have just stopped watching TV and primarily get my entertainment from books.  I think I have read 8 book this month alone.

Today I am doing laundry, dying my hair, and doing my nails.  I bought some purple nail polish and want to do my toes!!!  Then I will relax and read and read. 

I called yesterday and scheduled my Comcast cable and internet installation at my new apartment.  I also called Comed.  I still have to call Allstate and change my renter's insurance over to the new address.  I also NEED to get my drivers license changed over to the new address ASAP.  I need to get my voter's registration changed in time for election time!!!  I ALWAYS vote!!!! I would be majorly bummed if I couldn't vote because I didn't get my registration in on time.

Yes over the last 3 1/2 years I have discussed my surgery with people who were curious and wanted more information.  I always direct them to this site too....but they never listen to me.  I can't tell you how happy I am that I listened when someone told me to come here. 

Well off to spend a leisurely day.  Have a nice Sunny Sunday all....bye

birder I.
on 7/29/12 1:36 am - Rockford, IL

Good morning!

We are watching the Olympics. It is one of my favorite TV passtimes each time it comes around.

We did go out to dinner with friends last night. We went to Sabrosa in Roscoe. It is a tex-mex restaurant and the food was excellent. I have leftovers for lunch. We ran into people we knew there which was also fun.

We had taped the evening Olympics and so got to watch without commercials and finished at about the same time as if we had seen it live. Probably should do that every night!

Need to go to the store today and get a few groceries we didn't get at the farmer's market. It was a great market if you are in the area. Dawn, check it out!

I still have pretty much drainage from my incision so I need to get online and order more supplies.

Have a good day, folks.

Connie

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/gay_lesbian_bisexual_transgender/

Nancy G.
on 7/29/12 4:34 am - La Salle, IL
 Afternoon Everyone

It is another lazy day for me.  I slept in this morning after staying up until 3 am.  Then I snuggled each of my cats for some individual kitty time.  I have been messing around onthe internet.  It is a nice quiet weekend.  Rick goes in for a colonoscopy and upper GI tomorrow so we know what he is doing today.  

It is nice to have the cooler weather.  Much nicer to go outside and not feel like you are walking into an oven.  

I am trying to remember how I found this site.  I think it was when I was exploring having surgery.  I am SO glad I found it.  

Crystal, it is exciting to hear you talk about preparations for your own place again!  i am sure you are excited.

Steven, you are a wonderful example of this surgery for this surgery for your coworkers and I am sure you will be a great source of information. 

Connie, it is so good to hear you back on the go!

Randy,  I remember all your trials and tribulations and hurdles for this surgery.  There were times that it seemed like it would not happen, but you hung in there!  Look at the difference now!

Lisa, I hope you are enjoying your time with your friend.

Samantha, a new haircut is a great reward.  Glad you like it.  You deserve a treat!

Karen, I am glad your husband is showing improvement since surgery.  That is wonderful!

Dawn, cant wait to hear about Liv's adventure.

Debbie, hope all is well with you.

Kevin, I hope you are feeling better each day.  The more you move the faster that #%#@ gas will go away.  

Chris, Georgeann, and everyone else, where are you?

Cat Lady

Karen R.
on 7/29/12 7:52 am

Not a lot going on here today. I am jus****ching movies with the DH. Tomorrow back to normal, all the grand kids will be here so lots of fresh air. I have gotten use to having the hubby home, going to miss him when it's time to return to work. 

We have our last two birthdays this week, my youngest daughter Amanda turns 32 on Tuesday and my grand son Nick turns 10 on Wednesday.

Steven wish we had a Whole Foods down my way, we do have a Fresh Market, but I like Whole Foods better.

Later Friends

Karen 

dsettle
on 7/29/12 8:35 am - Gurnee, IL
Good evening all,
What a busy weekend around here.  My hubby celebrated his birthday - 20th anniversary of being 29!!
Friday night the kids and I took him to a movie - Amazing Spiderman.  Saturday was his company's summer picnic.  So much fun, many activities and wonderful food.  I enjoyed some very tender bbq ribs, veggie kabobs and fruit.  In the evening we went to CLC to see their production of Sweeney Todd.  Amazing performances.  Then today, hubby wanted to go to Dave and Busters for his b-day dinner/lunch.  The closest one to us is in Addison.  So a nice 45 minute drive to and fro.  We had a blast.  So now we are tired and chilling at home.  Thank God for left-overs.  That will be dinner if anyone is hungry later.
My son is getting part two of his training today at Mariano's.  He is excited as he found out that Mariano's offers a college scholarship.  1,000$ a yr.  This is to the staff that continue to work and go to school.  Now that the gf is out of the picture he is looking at CLC for their physics and engineering program.  We also learned that CLC has many scholarships available for engineering students and a partnership with the School of Engineering in Milwaukee.  So, that is now his road of thought.  He still wants to move out after high school and I am getting better with the idea.  His friend has a two bedroom apt that Dan can share.  Plus the apt is across the street from my school!!!  Easy for mom.
I am starting tonight to get back on a school schedule.  I can't believe in a little over 2 weeks summer is over!  UGH!  Where did time go??!!  So much to still do!!
Well all, enjoy the Olympics and your night.
Debbie

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1101 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5623 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5366 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5393 views
Thursday Roll Call