WLS friendly PCP in Boise/Caldwell vicinity

csrodriguez
on 8/3/03 1:26 am - Caldwell, ID
Good Morning All! I have been on this "new" WLS journey (see profile) for about 18 months now, and I am finally beginning to see some light at the end of the tunnel. I pretty much have all the bases covered as far as WLS (December with Dr. Oakley), but since I moved from Weiser to Caldwell 2 years ago, I have not gone to a regular PCP. I just got new insurance, which is considered a "No-Network" plan, so I am pretty free to choose who I want for all aspects of my care. My hope is to find someone in the area who is WLS friendly/knowledgable. There are many aspects of our aftercare that are unique, so I want someone who has taken the time to be educated on this growing alternative to the "eat less/exercise" mindset. Does anyone have a PCP to suggest that might fall into that category? I would appreciate any and all feedback emailed to me since I can only get on the boards on the weekends (new job and school keep me VERY occupied). Thank You, and best wishes to all on your journies.
Mary Ann P.
on 9/15/03 4:58 am - Nampa, ID
I see Dr. Bursmeyer at Saltzer Medical Group in Nampa. She is an internist, but is extremely well versed in WLS issues, and totally supportive of those that have the surgery. She is a no-nonsense person, and can throw you off with how brisk she is, but she is good and very thorough, and I would refer anyone to her. My sister just started because I rave about her so much!
Most Active