Surgeon recommendations

uglymouse
on 6/26/13 2:35 pm - newnan, GA

My husband and I are looking at getting bariatric surgery.  I am trying to figure who to go to (where you don't feel like a number), but it seems like all the surgeons are on the North Side of Atlanta, and we live on the South Side. I would like to be to particpate in a group setting too, to help after, if we do go though this.  

Thanks in advance

Paige

paula K.
on 7/24/13 12:13 am - newnan, GA
DS on 12/04/13

Paige, I am also on the south side and am finding the same issues.  I'm interested in seeing your responses :)

Paula

uglymouse
on 7/24/13 12:32 am - newnan, GA
Paula
I am Newnan too. I have gone to the seminar at Piedmont. The group does one at Fayette too. But everythingis done in Atlanta.
I have thought about going Lagrange..

Paige
Cbaker1163
on 7/25/13 9:51 am
Revision on 07/12/13

Dr. Duncan, with Peachtree Bariatrics. He is in Atlanta, I live on the south side of town and its not a bad drive. But honestly,when asking about a good surgeon, it's worth the drive. He's done my surgery and about 10 other people I know personally. 

uglymouse
on 7/26/13 12:32 am - newnan, GA
My mom suggested him. He was her surgeon when she had breast cancer. She told me he went into bariatrics.
pastorkerry
on 7/29/13 12:17 pm - GA
RNY on 12/20/12
Dr Steinberg at Atlanta surgical associates did my RNY last December at dekalb medical. Awesome doctor and staff. Dekalb is a tremendous hospital.
barb.k
on 9/14/13 9:35 am - Williamson, GA

I too live on the southside and believe the drive for surgery is well worth it. I will have mine at Johns Creek (a nearly 2 hr drive). Most of the support classes are offered with associated hospitals. I suspect in the future Southern Regional will have some as they are now associated with Emory and started doing bands. I am willing to drive to go to a group but I must be honest with myself and know that for the long term local would def be better. I think support groups are VERY important and is part of the successful equation. There is one listed that was meeting at Piedmont Henry in Stockbridge, but it appears to have disolved...so where are all those people?

Most Active