What happens next?! Help Please

deondra21
on 10/21/12 12:07 pm
Hi I am into my sixth doctors visit on Thurdays and then for me it is a waiting game as far as my clearences.  Is there anything I can do in the meantime to prepare for the surgery?  I am a nervous wreck and kind of excited.  My surgery will be done by Dr. Titus Duncan's office so I know I am in good hands.  so I just want to know where do I go from here? 

Thanks.

Ms. Tillar
walterswife
on 10/23/12 9:18 pm
 You will need to follow their protocol as far as getting all your clearances in. Hopefully their system has improved over these past few years. I got too frustrated trying to deal with them and changed practices early out.  They had too many patients for me. I could never get a return call is email and when I did reach someone I got a runaround. I think the person I had to deal with in that office is no longer there. Thank goodness. 

HW 240/ SW 229/ GW 146/CW 125; OH Support Group Leader   

Starting size:  18W-20;  Present size: 0 or 2; 5'5-1/2" tall. 
Current BMI 20.4 as of 2/13/2013 (normal for the first time in my life).
Goal weight reached on 8/12/2010; As of 1/13/2013, 21 pounds below goal

deondra21
on 12/10/12 4:36 am

I was wondering how long it too for you to recover and do you have any advice for recovery that you found helpful in the process?  I have heard so many things and I think the one thing that has remained constant was do exactly what the doctor said and eat only what you were told.

Ms. Tillar

walterswife
on 12/10/12 4:47 am

You have already gotten the best advice. Recovery was not bad painwise. The most difficult thing for me was getting the fluids, protein and supplements in for the first few months. Other than that, I would say getting the support you need either in person or here, preferably both at least initially. Then be patient because there will be periods of time when you are doing everything right and don't lose. The surgery is not a quick fix but a lifestyle change. Finally try to plan what you are going to eat daily so that you don't get hungry and desperate and grab at the first thing you see. 

HW 240/ SW 229/ GW 146/CW 125; OH Support Group Leader   

Starting size:  18W-20;  Present size: 0 or 2; 5'5-1/2" tall. 
Current BMI 20.4 as of 2/13/2013 (normal for the first time in my life).
Goal weight reached on 8/12/2010; As of 1/13/2013, 21 pounds below goal

MARIA F.
on 11/8/12 9:13 am - Athens, GA

Is it possible for you to change surgeons? Several have had problems with his office.

FormerlyFluffy.com

Most Active