New to Jacksonville

K. Artis
on 9/18/11 4:29 am - Jacksonville, FL
Hello all... I just relocated here from Ohio.  I am looking to find a good support group as well as a walking/exercise buddy. 
Thanks!

PSW 259 SW 238  CW 173

Conditions prior to surgery: diabetes, high blood pressure, acid reflux, sleep apnea, high cholesterol, pcos, joint pain, back pain, mild depression

Life is a book with many chapters...some are hard to get through, some are easy.  You have to keep turning the page to get to the next adventure!

Emily F.
on 9/24/11 11:15 pm
Nice to meet you. I'm on the westside. Lawanda has a group that meets on the southside on the first Tuesday of the Month, if you message me your email, I will send it to add to her list.

A few people from Orange Park and I get together for dinner once a month just when we can get away.

Are you on fb? http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002426626593

Welcome!! Nice to meet you.
Mandy R.
on 10/4/11 11:53 am - Callahan, FL
Welcome to Jax I live just north of Jax ! Congrats on you weight loss success. My surgery is scheduled for 11/7. I would love for you to add me as a friend.
Mandy
abandster
on 10/5/11 7:16 am
I'm the LaWanda that Emily spoke of.  (Thanks, Emily)

If you'd like to be on our email list, you can certainly email me at:

[email protected]

And if you want to see us on Facebooks, I'm LaWanda Hill and the profile picture is a HUGE grapefruit.

If you're looking for somebody who's been a tremendous success at WLS, Emily is your person.

If you want to talk to somebody who's had every problem in the book, that would be my sister.

And last, and probably least, if you want to go over the fact that when the surgery has to be UnDone and you gain all your weight back, uh......that's me.  Let me assure you that the first thing that happens is dealing with depression.  You know the cycle, weight gain, eat, weight gain, eat, weig......

LaWanda
Chimere
on 2/23/12 5:37 am, edited 2/29/12 3:51 am
Hi guys, I live in Jacksonville and I am contemplateing haveing the sleeve done.  I to am looking for a support group.  I would like to talk to people that have had it done and how they feel now about it.  It is a huge step.  So before I leap I'd like to look :)

I was thinking about going to a Novus meeting. 

Where do you guys meet Lawanda?  Maybe I'll hit one or your meetings too :)

*hmmm wonder how this got here, it was suppose to be on the Jacksonville forum I guess I misclicked* 

Keep reading, move along nothing to see here lol sorry guys

Ok theres somethings screwy goin on with my computer and these forums.
On my computer it had this post listed in a totally diff place hence the *wonder how this got here*
now its in the jacksonville forums sheesh im so confused. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 301 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1346 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1345 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1486 views