hi all new to florida

covebay1
on 6/19/11 9:18 am - Rosemount, MN
I am looking for an OH coffee group in the Tarpon Springs area...i really enjoyed the cofffee group in Minnesota. I am 11 months out.........and would enjoy the support...thanks everyone

before surgery 318lb  surgery date..297lb   goal.....160lbs

abandster
on 6/24/11 1:57 am
You're going to have to do what I did.  I couldn't find a support group here in Jacksonville so I started one. 

OH used to offer leader training but just to get together and chit chat about your surgery and be with people who are going thru the same things, I would think you could put a notice here on OH that you'll be at such and such a coffee shop on such and such a day at such and such a time.  I had 15 people at my first meeting but I know others who have no one.  You just keep posting and hang in there and pretty soon, you'll have others at the table.

LaWanda
covebay1
on 6/24/11 8:38 am - Rosemount, MN
 Thanks so much for the response back Lawanda, we had such a fantastic group of OH folks meeting for coffee every saturday ...I miss the interaction very much....
I will be away for the next two months on vacation but when i get back i will post for a new coffee group for this area....take care and keep in touch:) glad to meet you  
Beverly

abandster
on 6/25/11 8:40 am
WOW....you're going on vacation for two months?  Good for you.  I'm guessing this will be your first vacation since your surgery so you be careful but have a wonderful time.  You must st a teacher to have that kind of time off.  Or maybe you're a stay at home mom and hubby is a teacher so off you go.  Whatever the case, have a wonderful time and here's hoping you won't have a minute's problem while you're gone.

Safe travels,
LaWada
covebay1
on 6/26/11 10:15 pm - Rosemount, MN
Thanks so much LaWanda....smiles....no I am not  a teacher. We have relocated to Florida from Mn.  Just arrived last week....we thought before I take my next job we would travel the country. I am Canadian by birth and have been in the usa only 6 years, my significant other..is a disabled vet.  We are driving to the west coast to visit my family for my 50th birthday, then taking 6 weeks to wander the country...i call it our epic journey....I so appreciate your well wishes. Maybe when i get back our cir****tances will allow us to have tea together sometime...take care and keep up the good work!!!
The losers bench is a great place......Beverly

Grider
on 6/26/11 4:23 am - Clearwater, FL
hi I am in clearwater near 19 so maybe when you get back, I have min 3 mo wait for my surgery, so I wont be a done deal till maybe late Nov- Dec 2011 . So far i dont see wls folks to open. I am going to my 1st support group-- June 30 in Tampa as my surgeon is there, anyhow enjoy your vacation!!!

covebay1
on 6/26/11 10:22 pm - Rosemount, MN
hiya Grider......that would be fabulous.......the OH coffee groups are wonderful.  I just relocated from Minnesota where we had a healthy coffee group meeting every sat. You learn so much from each other, we cheered each other on,  traded clothes...recipes....ideas etc etc. I made quick friends, I sure miss them.  LOL  For sure lets get together, I am in Tarpon Springs near 19 so we are neighbors I think...that is exciting. I would be extrememly happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have as you travel along your weight loss journey. I am still loosing, slowly now but it is steady. I am at 151.8 and size 8. I dont make one year until August 23/11 Which surgery are you having? My name is Beverly.
Take care...talk soon
Bev

carlak
on 7/11/11 9:26 pm - Bradenton, FL
 Hi beverly, Im Carla and I live in Bradenton I would love to get together with you for a coffee break. nd brider too. Im not to far from tarpon Springs I thin!!!!! I have lost 150 pounds and am loveing living in Florida. I have been here for 4 years. Do you know connie d? she is from minnesota and she talks about saturday morning coffee gettogetheres in minnesota? Pm me and Ill give u my phone number.
image hosting site

covebay1
on 7/13/11 1:59 am - Rosemount, MN
FANTASTIC Carla!!  now thats the three of us so far and we havent even posted a date...congrats on your losses......me too almost 160 lbs lost so far.....we have so much to share with newcomers to the loosers bench!!....I am on vacation right now in canada and will not be back in FL until August..lets keep in touch...add me gf...:) I am excited now...LOL  cya soon

blooeyes68
on 7/13/11 2:02 am - FL
i would be interested!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 311 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1359 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1356 views