Need ideas on how jazz up Greek yogurt

Huneypie
on 10/17/13 3:28 am, edited 10/17/13 3:29 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

I need some ideas on how to make Greek yogurt more exciting as I find the probiotics in it really seems to help my digestive system.  I just need ways to make it more interesting, as having it nearly every day soon gets old.

TIA kiss

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

Member Services
on 10/17/13 4:09 am - Irvine, CA

Try fresh fruit, SF syrups with granola and muesli.  

Greek Yogurt

Fresh strawberries

DaVinci Gourmet SF Strawberry Syrup

Torani SF Strawberry Syrup

Granola and or Muesli

YUM!

You can also do Cinnamon syrup with fresh apples and other combinations. They are all great!  Have fun!

Huneypie
on 10/17/13 5:32 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

Muesli sounds good.  Maybe I'll buy an individual pack and try some to see how I do with it.  Thank you ;-)

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

Member Services
on 10/17/13 6:22 am - Irvine, CA

Your Welcome!  

jashley
on 10/17/13 4:13 am
DS on 12/19/12

I have created a yogurt buffet line in my kitchen.  I use:

nuts
SF jams
granola
cereals
SF syrups
SF flavors (torranni)
cold ham
bacon
olives
cheese cubes
potato chips (very tasty and salty)
chocolate (very dark, and white chocolate)
fruit (raw, frozen berries, canned and drained)

and I add it to soups, put on top of meatloaf, steak, etc.   I try to get 1 cup in a day by using it whenever possible.

Huneypie
on 10/17/13 5:34 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

Even though I was thinking of moving away from sweet, I have to admit that chocolate might be fun once in a while just as a treat... or even hot chocolate to save on the carbs.  Thank you ;-)

I  my DS  

cajungirl
on 10/17/13 5:07 am

I'm going to come back and see if you get more responses.  I tend to always add a sweet taste (Splenda, S/F pudding, fruit, etc.) and yesterday at work I wanted something savory.  All I had here was salsa so I tried it.  OMG, thankfully I only did a small serving because it wasn't good at all, IMO.

I ate it because I needed a snack but I'll never do that again, lol.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Huneypie
on 10/17/13 5:48 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

I like tzatziki and found a recipe here http://greekfood.about.com/od/dipsspreadspures1/r/Tzatziki.h tm

Maybe subbing garlic salt instead of actual garlic would make it quicker if it were to become a regular item - I'm all for finding a path with less resistance ;-)

I  my DS  

Corbin Y.
on 10/17/13 6:57 am - New York, NY
DS on 03/26/13

If you go chocolate, go very dark - 85% or above dark  - low in carbs, high in protein and fat.  I actually eat about 1/2 oz of dark chocolate a day, and ever since I have, my stomach has been more settled, maybe because of the fat content.

Huneypie
on 10/18/13 3:02 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

Sounds good! :-)

I  my DS  

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 765 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1055 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 349 views