What can split open your stomach?

LadyLucky
on 6/27/13 9:47 am - KS
To those medically inclined vets:

When I get full I sneeze or cough. This is new since starting soft foods after surgery (yesterday). I hold my stomach when I do it, but can something like that split open my internal incisions? Maybe I'm being paranoid but I just want to do everything I can to avoid complications.

Thanks!
PattyL
on 6/27/13 11:47 am

It's not likely to happen but it can be painful.  Try holding a pillow to your stomach.

jashley
on 6/27/13 12:13 pm
DS on 12/19/12

Make sure you don't hold your sneezes inside you.  I used to do that.  Since the surgery, I take that deep breathe and sneeze out into a tissue.  Needless to say, take a tissue with you to the table with your food - it's there if you need it.

Irishnurse
on 6/28/13 2:14 am
DS on 04/17/13

Nah...I dry heaved for ten minutes after surgery and it did nothing but hurt me. THey did not seemed worried about it either. 

SW-340, CW-164, GW-150, 14 pounds to go...

staci0769
on 6/28/13 8:28 am - NE

yes it will hurt. i used to hold a pillow to my tummy. and no you wont rip or tear. just painful. sometimes when i sneeze i still hurt. im 11 weeks post op ds'er. i thought by now the pain would be gone.  good luck!!

beemerbeeper
on 7/1/13 12:54 am - AL

Also listen to these signs that you ate too much.  I still can get a vagal nerve reaction, sneezing mostly and I am happy because it reminds me that I cannot eat as much as I think I can.  I have been pretty successful at avoidinig this because I really hate it and will not overeat to avoid it.

It hurts, yeah.

~Becky

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 979 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1170 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 441 views