DS

PRETTE84
on 5/8/13 7:31 am - ROSEDALE, NY
Hi ksallen928
First let me say congratulations with the birth of ur son. What is (pcos)? It's amazing how you lost the weight but were u dieting and exercising? Bcuz I do all that with my gastric bypass and I barely lose a lb. I'm considering having the DS but am afraid to have another baby in fear I might not lose the weight bcuz it's so difficult to lose the weight now. Did you have any complications before and after surgery? And is this a revision surgery?
Thanks again
Dinneal
ksallen928
on 5/9/13 3:02 am

PCOS=Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome.  PCOS is closely related to diabetes and it made it nearly impossible for me to lose weight despite trying dieting and exercise and medications for years.  I have to be completely truthful...I have been horrible about my diet and exercise since I got pregnant.  I actually had trouble gaining weight at the beginning of my pregnancy and was asked to increase my calories.  I was also really tired so I stopped running at that point. My diet is not the best now that I'm not pregnant and I haven't started running again (mostly because I'm having a hard time finding time to do this with an infant).  Despite that I still took all the weight back off.  The only complication I had was at about a month out from surgery.  I got dehydrated due to a series of stupid cir****tances (reaction to a tetanus shot, etc) and had a kidney stone.  Other than that I just have the normal DS gripes.  If I eat things I shouldn't I get gas or diarrhea.  My protein and D dropped a little during pregnancy but it's back up now.  My A is down a little because I didn't want to take it while I was pregnant but I'm working on bringing that back up.  If I had to do it all over again I would absolutely do it no questions asked.  In fact my husband went through DS surgery in November of last year and I'm now going through the whole process with him.  If you can commit to staying on track with your vitamins and completely understand what comes with the DS it is absolutely hands down the best thing you can do for yourself.  I am not a revision patient but have been on this site since well before my surgery and seen many revision patients have the same positive results.

PRETTE84
on 5/9/13 3:41 am - ROSEDALE, NY
Well atleast you lost all of the weight. And your getting back on track with ur vitamins. Also you can get a jogging stroller so you can jog with the baby.
Thanks for sharing
Dinneal
Valerie G.
on 5/10/13 6:44 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

15-20% regain of EWL is normal.  I'm 7,5 yrs out, and only gained back 10% (just 15 lbs) from my lowest.  I'm quite content with that.  If I really wanted to lose it, I supposed I could buckle down and diet it back down, but I enjoy my carefree way of life just counting protein in the back of my head.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

PRETTE84
on 5/10/13 7:42 am - ROSEDALE, NY
Oh wow that's great you get to be carefree to an extend. Regaining 15lbs in 7 yrs not bad. Did you have any complications before and after surgery.
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 619 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 979 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 332 views