I can't eat

beemerbeeper
on 1/12/13 12:18 am - AL

I am going through some emotional crap and I have completely lost my appetite.  I made some bacon and "french toast" last night and had Wendy's for lunch (tenders and fries).  Today it is worse.  I am downing my vites and not missing a dose but I know I am getting probably 1/4 of the protein I usually get.  I just really really don't feel like eating.

How do you force yourself to eat protein?

Help!

~Becky

LaShelle2
on 1/12/13 12:55 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA

Sending hugs to you. I have had the same problem, but due to a cold. I don't even feel like drinking water. 

I often wonder what is going to happen when I am an old lady and cant eat 100g of protein a day?   Anybody know of anybody in their 80's-90's with a DS :-)

My advice would be to stay hydrated, and try to chug a shake if you can.  If you have healthy labs, it would take more than a couple of days to do any major damage I would think.  Your body will force you to eat when you get hungry enough.

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

beemerbeeper
on 1/12/13 2:13 am - AL

I hope a few days won't do damage.  Nothing is going down today.  I am drinking plenty and taking my vites but there is no way I can eat.  The idea of a shake nauseates me. 

Thanks for your never ending support.  Can we meet some day?

~Becky

southernlady5464
on 1/12/13 1:00 am

Becky, if you up the amount of protein shakes it might help...just pretend they are medicine and get it down. And it will help you stay hydrated.

I hate very tiny tummy days.

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

beemerbeeper
on 1/12/13 2:16 am - AL

I wi**** were a tiny tummy day.  It is not that.  It is an emotional state that has created the impossibility for me to even consider eating or drinking a protein shake.  HOw long can I do this without damage..  I bet taking my vites is pretty useless without the protein.  I am staying fairly hydrated and only drinking water.  I would like a stiff drink or a six pack of beer but I won't do that.  How long do I have before I get in trouble?

THanks for your support.  I want to meet you and Charles soon.

~Becky

southernlady5464
on 1/12/13 2:20 am

Becky, not sure how long you can go without eating much but as long as you stay hydrated AND take your vitamins, just get in what protein you can manage.

Sounds like the emotional state needs working on...

We want to meet up with you too. Maybe this year will be the year.

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

Huneypie
on 1/12/13 1:17 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12
Have lots of healthy snacks around you can nibble on like cheese and nuts. I also love creamcheese pancakes which you can cook up in a batch and nibble on them when you feel like it. The recipe's here http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2012/01/cream-cheese-pancakes.html

I also find chili goes down easy and you can make that ahead of time so you only have to heat it in the microwave. Grated cheese and or Greek yogurt make it more enjoyable for me plus they boost the protein content.

I hope you feel better soon.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

beemerbeeper
on 1/12/13 2:18 am - AL

I know about all that.  I can't force a bite down.  Nothing.  I am just so upset that the thought of food is nauseating.  I am trying to stay hydrated and am taking my vites which is probably useless.  I think you need protein to process the vites.  I just wonder how long until I am in trouble.  I just can't even think about eating.

~Becky

puppysweets1
on 1/12/13 2:17 am - CA

Sorry to hear you are having problems. Hope it gets better soon. Maybe call your doctor for some stress and/or anxiety medication?

beemerbeeper
on 1/12/13 2:18 am - AL

I have some and am taking it.  I see my doctor on Monday.  THanks for the support.

~Becky

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 975 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1168 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 434 views