Breaded meats bad?

mharroun
on 12/12/12 6:34 am - Forest Hills, NY
DS on 11/06/12

Things like chicken parm, boneless wings, dominos chicken kickers? (not with any sauce). 

I know they contain some carbs but they seem like available tasty choices for protein. I know its ok to have a min number of complex carbs a day, would this fall into it? 

MajorMom
on 12/12/12 7:14 am - VA

What is your max carb count goal per day? Will these choices be a problem keeping you in that range?

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

mharroun
on 12/12/12 8:34 am - Forest Hills, NY
DS on 11/06/12
My doctor/nutritionist never set a carb count. Just told me my protein requirements and to stay away from simple carbs and not overdo it with complex carbs.

Jaiart
on 12/12/12 9:13 am - MI
I try to avoid that breading as much as possible. I decided to get some carbquick and make my own.

NoreenRT
on 12/12/12 9:25 am - Warner Robins, GA

because of my travel schedule, sometimes breaded meats, like chicken fingers, become my lunch choice.  i always try to pick off as much breading as i can.  

Noreen  HW 352 / SW 324 / CW 175/ LW/ 148 / GW 150   (achieved Aug 14 '11)

Julie R.
on 12/12/12 10:59 am - Ludington, MI

Once I knew my weight loss was clipping along at a good pace (probably at around six months out/down 100 lbs) I started eating more breaded meats.    I eat breaded meats all the time now, as it's often a good vehicle for me to get protein in.   At 6.5 years out, I am maintaining pretty easily.   When I do see the scale go up, I cut down on the obvious carbs - sweets and such.   KFC chicken strips and fried chicken pieces are fairly low in carb.   A lot of the frozen breaded foods, like fish sticks, however, are WAY high in carbs.

Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

PattyL
on 12/12/12 12:14 pm

I love KFC or fried any kind of chicken.  I just peel off most of the breading.  I still get the flavor and the crunch but I don't take in a lot of carbs.  I do eat all the chicken though!

I never worried a lot about condiments/sauces.  Mostly because you don't eat very much of it.  Those little containers can't hold more than 2T anyway.

ambermay
on 12/12/12 9:22 pm

Most people try and keep their carbs below 50g a day while trying to lose.  If those things don't take you over and you don't mind the possible gas and bloating that can come along with it, then have some.  It IS protein.. just has some carbs too.

5'6" -- HW 270ish/SW 153.6/GW 150/CW 138
Amber

Nicolle
on 12/12/12 11:29 pm

I am almost 5 years out and eat breaded meat, like chicken nuggets, parmesan chicken. Do what it takes to get your ass to goal weight first, then toy around with carbs and see how your body handles it. During the first six months, I shot for 30g of carbs or less a day. The weight fell off. (I had a month of high-carb crap around Halloween, but then I got back to basics.)

Once I got to goal, I experimented more. I paid attention to weight gain, gas, etc. Now I eat pretty much what I want, including bread, breaded meat, candy, etc. I just don;t want very much, I guess.

Nicolle

I had the kick-butt duodenal switch (DS)!

HW: 344 lbs      CW: 150 lbs

Type 2 diabetes and sleep apnea GONE!

Valerie G.
on 12/12/12 11:49 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

I never count carbs, and it's a small amount if - and only if- the benefit is a high dose of tasty protein.  I'm a lover of chicken parm and crispy strips from KFC.  This breading falls into simple carb category and not complex carb, though.  Just be mindful of how much you consume.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 979 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1170 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 441 views