Are There Any DS Surgeons in Queens???

Mikapooh82
on 11/2/12 1:56 pm - Jamaica, NY
DS on 03/18/13
I would like to know it anyone can give me the names of the DS surgeons in Queens, NY please? I saw a post last year by Shavonne P. that mentioned one but I don't know how to get in contact with her because her profile is private. Thanks, Mika
* Gail R *
on 11/2/12 3:22 pm - SF Bay Area, CA

The list of vetted surgeons on DSFacts.com is where I would begin my search. Good  luck.

~Gail R~  high wt.288,  surg wt 274, LW 143, CW 153,  GW164

larra
on 11/3/12 12:59 am - bay area, CA

If not in Queens, definitely in NYC. Check the list at dsfacts.com.

Larra

larra
on 11/3/12 1:02 am - bay area, CA

Mika, I wrote the above post, and THEN noticed that you list having had RNY already. This means you don't just need a DS surgeon, you need one who does RNY to DS revisions, the most complex bariatric surgery presently being done. There are only a handful of DS surgeons in the country who do RNY to DS revisions.

Again you are fortunate here, because Dr. Roslin, somewhere in NYC, is one of the few, and very highly regarded at that. He is really the only one in NYC that you should be looking at for this revision. The next closest would be Dr. Greenbaum in NJ, who does them on a selective basis.

Larra

Mikapooh82
on 11/3/12 1:38 pm - Jamaica, NY
DS on 03/18/13

Ok let me back up and share my info because I'm having trouble filling out my profile correctly.

I checked a few sites and of course there are DS surgeons listed who are located in different parts of NYC however, I never see any DS surgeons located in Queens, NY on the list.

I don't know his name but I know he exists because Shavonne P. mentioned in a post last year that a Queens DS surgeon referred her to Dr. Roslin because she wanted to have her RNY to DS revision done all in one stage instead of two.

I'm kind of in that same situation because I currently have an Adjustable Lab Band done by Dr. Holover and would like to revise to a procedure that includes malabsorption. I've already consulted with Dr. Merola and he informed me that he does Lap Band to RNY revisions in two stages. Now I would like to consult with a  DS surgeon located in Queens. If anyone knows of one please let me know.

Thanks,

Mika

NoMore B.
on 11/5/12 8:13 am

Why Queens instead of Manhattan?  You have one of the best DS surgeons in the world in Manhattan.  There arent any "vetted" DS surgeons in Queens, let alone DS revision surgeons.  There are only a handful of DS revision surgeons in the country,  People travel across the country, or internationally, for a DS revision.  Cant you travel from Queens to Manhattan?

I know Shavonne in real life.  She had her revision with Dr Roslin

Twi light
on 11/8/12 10:16 am - NY

You need to go into Manhattan. i went there from Suffolk and it really was not as big of a deal as i initially thought AND i took the train like 1 time before doing that and i was not a NY native even.

I consulted with holover and his stupid WLS mill. Please go see a real bariatric surgeon and do not setlle for one that is close by.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 700 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1014 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 340 views