Cooking Large! I mean small....

Its a Secret
on 12/11/11 2:27 am, edited 2/10/12 1:09 am
Comment pulled because OH refuses to respect members privacy and moderates unfairly.

adkmtngirl
on 12/11/11 2:33 am - Brant Lake, NY
 It's hard to cook for just one person, more so for one person who just had this surgery. I must say though, that my youngest always says he's not hungry at breakfast, then comes and eats off of my plate with me, he just likes what I make (bacon & eggs) most days and wants to eat it. :)
Kristina

Its a Secret
on 12/11/11 2:52 am, edited 2/10/12 1:09 am
Comment pulled because OH refuses to respect members privacy and moderates unfairly.

adkmtngirl
on 12/11/11 4:34 am - Brant Lake, NY
 Ouch an egg allergy! That's a horrible one!!!! Both my boys are allergic to cows milk, so they get almond, luckily they know better than to drink from their sisters glass in the morning. 
Kristina

Emily F.
on 12/11/11 3:55 am
Your eyes will continue to be too big for quite some time. It got to where my husband would laugh at my plate and I would think I was getting what I would eat. I was wrong. Now I fix pretty correctly.
(deactivated member)
on 12/11/11 4:47 am
I think one of the hardest things post VSG and DS was allowing myself to throw away food. At first, I would eat very very slow and make myself finish a small portion. That was still too much and many times it would come up and haunt me a couple hours later and it would come up.  I call that my "packing it in" effect.

It's hard for me to make an egg blob of a small enough portion. I love me some egg blobs!! Instead of cream or milk, use water to make it fluffier. The cream or milk makes it tough.  Old trick I learned while in the Poultry Science dept while in grad school.

Hugs,
Ratkity

(Now I want an omelette!)
Kayla B.
on 12/11/11 5:30 am - Austin, TX
For awhile I'd just cook 1 egg at a time, no extras.  Usually fried.  Scrambled eggs incorporates air so they can take up more space inside the tummy.
5'9.5" | HW: 368 | SW: 353 | CW: 155 +/- 5 lbs | Angel to kkanne
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/beforefront-1-1.jpg?t=1247239033http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/th_CIMG39903mini.jpg  
NoreenRT
on 12/11/11 8:50 am - Warner Robins, GA
took me a very long time to learn portion control. even today, i will sometimes make too much.  thank god hubs is the human vacuum cleaner in the house.
my question is......why did you throw your 1/2 eaten omelet away?  if i make too much, or the tummy isn't cooperating, i just slip it into a container, shove in frige for later.  scrambled eggs heat up ok in the micro.  cover w/ damp paper towel and cook on med power or less time than you think.  no need to recook. 
i've made a huge omelet cut in quarters and have breakfast on the go four times. 

Noreen  HW 352 / SW 324 / CW 175/ LW/ 148 / GW 150   (achieved Aug 14 '11)

Its a Secret
on 12/11/11 9:00 am, edited 2/10/12 1:09 am

elixir
on 12/11/11 12:36 pm - MI
I still haven't learned to cook just for one yet. My daughter doesn't eat any meat other than fish/seafood so we eat that often, but I really like meat so when I want meat she's on her own (which she's OK with.) I buy large packs of meat from Sam's... roasts, steaks, whatever... and portion them up into smaller single serve packages that I refreeze. 

We eat a ton of eggs in our house... boiled, fried, scrambled... even found a recipe for a chicken soup with egg-crepes rolled and sliced into ribbons to use as noodles. I can eat a whole small one egg omelet packed with filling, but it might take me a couple hours to eat all of it. Sometimes I end up eating half of my breakfast for lunch. 

I am not like I was before. I thought that nothing would change me. ~Sinead O'Connor

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 978 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1169 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 439 views