Newbie on board

a_new_mii
on 4/25/11 10:24 am - AZ
 I've been a member here for just a couple days and have learned so much.  I thought it was time to introduce myself. I am a 43 YO mother of three. I have been heavy all my life and have “dieted" my way up to 445 lbs.   I have been fighting insurance companies for nearly 20 years to get WLS.  I've been turned down by at least 6 insurance companies.  First the claim was no  co-morbidities ****il recent Hypertension) which of course made WLS not a medical necessity. Then the insurance companies or policies had WLS excluded.  Finally it looked like Surgery was on the horizon…..then, being in the education industry, budget cuts eliminated my position.

The unfortunate cir****tance of my father passing recently, afforded me another opportunity. One of my daddy’s wishes was for me to have the surgery. My mom decided that part of his insurance money would pay for my new beginning. I am so grateful. I truly believe that this is the beginning of a whole new life for me.

Anyway, I am now 19 days post-op!!!! There was a little “hiccup" that landed me back in the hospital, a week out, but that has been resolved.

I was recommended this site by a woman in the waiting room of my surgeon’s office, and I’m so glad I joined.  It’s nice to hear from other DSers, their problems and successes, tips and tricks.  I look forward to making friends and developing relationships.  

My name is Ginger and I'm glad to be here. 

Join us here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi ~~❁~Ginger~~~
The beginning of a whole new world.              
HW-445
   SW-417    CW-162  GW-175            

Janine P.
on 4/25/11 10:26 am - Long Island, NY

Hi Ginger and WELCOME!!!

Janine   Me on Youtube 

a_new_mii
on 4/25/11 10:39 am - AZ
 Thank you Janine, 
HW-445
   SW-417    CW-162  GW-175            

MajorMom
on 4/25/11 10:43 am - VA
Hi there, Ginger. Welcome aboard.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

a_new_mii
on 4/25/11 10:50 am - AZ
Thanks Gina, glad to be here!!
HW-445
   SW-417    CW-162  GW-175            

DSn NOT BSn
on 4/25/11 11:17 am
Hi Ginger, So good to see another HAPPY DSer.  Like I told another gal (she is 6 years post-op), the DS is the surgery that KEEPS ON GIVING!  I am almost 5 years post op and am still FLYING HIGH and loving life more than ever.  I was 53 and now I am 35...ok...at least THAT is how I feel!

WELCOME to a place that will make your DS journey very enriched!  Below, in my SIGNATURE LINE, are some great LINKS that can help with many questions that can help you understand your DS even more (I STILL find there are things that are more clear to me now than years ago)...there is even a link to Dr. Hess' first DS patient (over 23 years ago).

Best wishes to you.
red Rose            Let Your Heart See What Your Eyes Cannot.  
* WWW.DSFACTS.COM
* Duodenal Switch Information Zone->
www.duodenalswitch.com/
* Dr. Hess' first DS patient 23 yrs ago->http://www.dshess.com/->Click link left column->First BSD/DS
* DS laparascopic animation->www.youtube.com/watch
  * DS animation->www.youtube.com/watch
* Vetted DS Surgeons-> http://www.dsfacts.com/North-American-Duodenal-Switch-Surgeo ns.html
* DS Forum->http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/ds/a,messageboard/board_id,5357/

* Vitamins Source->
www.vitalady.com
Be the kind of woman that,when your feet hit the floor in the morning,the devil says,"OH NO, She's Up!"
SW/317CW/160s-170s   

sassyjonz
on 4/25/11 11:19 am - Atlanta, GA
Welcome Ginger!

Starting weight & height: 265/5' 8.5; Goal weight: 160; Current weight: 155

Fade2Pink
on 4/25/11 11:45 am - Salt Lake City, UT
Welcome Ginger!  So nice to "meet" you.  My condolences at the loss of your father, I hope you know he is looking down on you and proud of you for taking control of this horrible disease called obesity.  Please take the time to read tons of posts.  Check out dsfacts.com.  And then just get ready for the ride of your life.  I hope we get to know more about you as time goes by.
Duodenal Switch 4/29/09
Loving my DS!!

worlfree
on 4/25/11 11:47 am - DivaTown, NC
Hi Ginger, welcome to the DS board...

beemerbeeper
on 4/25/11 11:54 am - AL
Hey Ginger!

~Becky

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?