Recent Returnee

Lois C.
on 12/30/11 4:37 am - Pueblo, CO
Hello, Fellow Coloradoans!

After a few years away, I have recently rediscovered this sight.  I would like to invite you to view my profile and my blogs.  I am coming up on 9 years out from my Roux N Y procedure and, for the most part, continue to be successful.  I am from Pueblo, but my surgery was done by the amazing Dr. Ihor Fedorak of Colorado Springs Surgical Associates.  I have always felt that this was both a very public, yet oh so private matter, going through this life-changing journey.  I hope that you can relate and be inspired by my story and blog entries presented on my profile.

Hey, Happy 2012 and continued success to all!

PuebloLo
Sweetish
on 1/2/14 7:49 am
RNY on 12/12/14

Hi!

I am in pueblo also.  I know you had posted awhile ago, but I am in the beginning stages of choosing a surgeon, getting approved through my insurance, etc and needed some advice on how to go about getting started.  If you would like to help in any way, please send me a note.

Thanks!

Ellen

Lois C.
on 1/3/14 12:44 pm - Pueblo, CO

Hi, Ellen!  

How do you get started? Free yourself by admitting that you cannot do it the "traditional way," pray, then make that phone call. Admitting I could not do it on my own was probably the hardest - yet MOST LIBERATING - thing I ever had to be honest with myself about and AMEN to the freedom it brought to me!!!

I am actually already going to be 11 years out, come February 10th.  Has it been easy? More so than I ever expected! Has it been perfect? Probably 99% of it has.  I have gained some weight back, but that is because I sometimes let myself get off the proven path, but the reality of NEVER wanting to go back to where I was post-op motivates me, as does the desire to stay healthier and feel better each and every day.  If you read my profile, etc., I pretty much put it all out there for you.

I do not know who you are looking to for surgery, but my surgeon is absolutely one of - if not THE - best, but he will be very honest and realistic with you. Beware of ANY doctor who is not AND you need to do a background and credentials check. That is critical.  Dr. Fedorak and also Dr. Fisher from Colorado Springs Surgical Associates are who I would easily and confidently put my life into their hands again, no hesitation. PLUS, the pre-and post-op of their procedure are realistic and very beneficial and crucial to your success.

Recognize that it is such a deep and personal decision and you must be realistic.  If YOU DO NOT change the life that led you to your obesity after the surgery, it is not a magic panacea.  It is a life-change and you must make the commitment - body, mind and spirit.

I hope this helps.  Feel free to contact me again.  I haven't been on the site for a while again, but it evidently notifies me if I have a message.  Read my story and my blogs and my prayer is that they will help you understand the life-changing journey you are considering.

Be blessed,

Lo

Pueblo Lo Perspectives
Most Active
Recent Topics
Denver Metro Area?
3LittleMonkeys · 0 replies · 4641 views
Thoughts on Dr. Long in Parker?
WitchySar · 1 replies · 5656 views
Anyone in Colorado Springs?
JayBay · 1 replies · 5887 views