Trying to find a therapist/psychologist familiar with WLS

INQE
on 4/18/10 4:32 pm - THORNTON, CO
Hi!  I would REALLY love to find a clinical therapist or psychologist that is very familiar with WLS patients and over-eating disorders.  Can anyone help?? all I've found so far deal with eating disorders of Binge eating or anorexia and things like that. Apparently, overeating or food addictions aren't 'clinical" issues as they're not in some big book of disorders.  So, it's hard to find anyone *****ally deals with our kinds of issues or recognizes them as disorders at all. 

Any suggestions?  

Thanks much!
Heather

kj80230
on 4/19/10 2:29 pm
I am actually looking for the same thing. Didn't have a good experience with my Psych Eval Therapist. It would be nice to find someone to talk to.

(Sorry I am of no help!)

Kj
INQE
on 4/19/10 3:08 pm - THORNTON, CO
Thanks very much anyhow!  I appreciate it!

Mishelle R.
on 4/20/10 2:27 pm
I know the psych eval I had done was from someone who actually had RNY herself. I can't remember her name, but she is in the springs. So that might be quite a drive for you - though maybe contacting the office she might have recommendations for you - PM me if you want that info
tmal66
on 6/11/10 8:53 am - Aurora, CO
If you haven't found anyone yet, call Dr. Chae's office atSkyridge.  I went there for my eval.  Can't remember the name of the the doc who did my eval, but he works closely with that office. 
trigirl64
on 6/17/10 4:57 am - Broomfield, CO
I go to Dr Miller in Louisville, I actually see his PA Katrina.  They learned alot with my RNY surgery,  I like them alot.  Good luck finding the right dr.!

Start Weight 276, Goal Weight 160 maybe lower.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Denver Metro Area?
3LittleMonkeys · 0 replies · 4641 views
Thoughts on Dr. Long in Parker?
WitchySar · 1 replies · 5656 views
Anyone in Colorado Springs?
JayBay · 1 replies · 5887 views