7 yr Surgiversary!

Stacie S.
on 3/23/11 2:09 am - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 03/22/04 with
7 years post op. Wow! It's been quite a year! It's getting harder and harder. I eat normally now. I've gained a significant amount of weight back and notice that most of my WLS friends have also had significant gain. My weight had reached 190 but I'm working on getting it down and am currently in the low 180's. I want to get back to 160 at least but it is hard, hard work! I've spent the last year in love and have had some major life changes, moving to Central California, leaving my company, and being completely happy! I'm so excited for my future once again. The only frustrating event is the continued battle with my weight. I'm mad at myself and fooled myself into thinking it would never be a struggle again after having WLS. 190 is far better than 318 but the greatest fear at this point is when will the gain stop? I can't let it continue... but I said that at 170 and 180. I'm scared!

I think the support on this site is invaluable and encourage all newer WLS patients to jump in and get involved. Make friends, get support! I believe my success with WLS has been because of the support I found here. The friends I made back then are still my closest friends. As we transition to more "normal" eating and life experiences, it's harder to hang around here but I can't ever forget where I need to be. Good Luck to you newbies and old timers! XXOO!

Stacie S.
318 highest/145 lowest/170 current

Ms Shell
on 3/23/11 2:38 am - Hawthorne, CA
It's ALWAYS good to see you when you pop back in and say hello!!  I've always said no matter the WLS the struggle is YEARS after when it's time to "live a normal life" that things become hardest.  Congratulations on still staying in the fight.

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

Stacie S.
on 3/23/11 3:22 am - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 03/22/04 with
Thanks Ms Shell! Miss my so cal crew!!

Stacie S.

SUNRAY
on 3/23/11 7:10 am - Sacramento, CA
Congratulations Stacy!  I re-read your profile and story...WOW....so happy to read you are happy and remarried!!  Where in 'central' Calif did you move to?  Life will always have its ups and downs...and we will always have to battle the 'food junkie' within us...but with your attitude, you should continue to do great!  Wonderful to see you post again...don't wait another year!!!
Hugs
Nancy aka Sunray

243.0/213.0/141/130  Highest/Surgery/Current/Goal

Stacie S.
on 3/24/11 1:19 am - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 03/22/04 with
Thank you Nancy! I'm not remarried yet, but it's only a matter of time! I moved to Visalia, I love it! Very different from Long Beach though! Thank you for the encouragement! I do need to post here more!

Hugs to you too!

Stacie S.

newbarb2
on 3/23/11 12:15 pm
Stacie,

Congratulations on your 7 year surgiversary.  So glad to see you posting, you are truly an inspiration to others.  Congrats on your making major life chages, it's wonderful when we can be happy and excited for the future.

We hope you'll stay around and post more often.  Us "oldies" need to stick through this together.  I appreciate your expertise and your encouragement.

Hugs,
Barb

Stacie S.
on 3/24/11 1:20 am - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 03/22/04 with
Thank you Barb!

Stacie S.

lassley_55
on 3/23/11 11:03 pm - Anaheim, CA
Hi Stacie,

First of all congratulations on being in love, you truly deserve to be Happy! You
are not alone my friend, I too have gained some weight back and I beat myself
up everyday about it. I try to make good food choices but it's not always easy. I
was side lined with a knee injury about two years ago and last year had to have
a total knee replacement. Everything went well so I'm now back to being able to
excersise. I attend a once a month WLS support group through Smart Deminsions
and it has helped a lot with the eating issues. Being an emotional eater is hard
and that's what I fight with the most. I truly miss the first four years after WLS it
was so easy to maintain and not gain any weight. I guess we are all a work in
progress and like you  I never want to go back to my 336 pre surgery weight. You
are right about other people re-gaining some weight back, especially when we
are so far out. Five other friends that had surgery around the same time that I did
have also gained some weight back. I wish you all the best in your new life, wow
Central CA, how nice that must be. Take Care, and stay positive!!
Stacie S.
on 3/24/11 1:22 am - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 03/22/04 with
Thank you! It's frustrating because I really am still making good choices but it's just so much harder. I miss the "old" days too! Good to hear from you! :)

Stacie S.

AnnJ53
on 3/24/11 2:25 am

Stacie,

You can do it. I'm in the same boat as you. I had WLS in 2007 but it seems life got in my way, (a poor excuse). I met you a couple of time at the LB Coffee meetings before I move out of the area. You and others were my motivation. I've lost over 80lbs.

I have set a new goal and now have the motivation of plastic surgery including work done on my neck and face as the playoff.  I'm 58 and can't put this off any more.  Let me/us know how you are doing. I'm in your corner.  

Ann

Most Active