Did anyone watch "The Real Skinny" on Monday?

Kever4Life
on 3/14/12 6:44 am - Canada
RNY on 03/26/12
I watched the real skinny last night (I DVR'd it), OMG it was a real eye opener. I know everyone is different but still it freaks me out! That poor girls body was like an elderly ladies (I mean really old!) body. I am so afraid of that after my weight loss and there is nothing I can do about it!

I really don't want a panni, I want to keep my belly button (I am attached to it LOL). After watching that though.....ouch! Her surgery seemed to go ok but the man....wow! His wound opened and he got a staph infection, they had to use special drains and stuff to rid him of it.

So, you either live out the rest of your life with this ugly hanging skin or take the chance and have another major surgery. I am so mad at myself for even being in this position in the first place! It is dangerous to have the excess skin as well, she had to put diaper rash cream and powder under it to prevent rashes. This has not changed my mind about the surgery, it just angers me that BC Medical doesn't automatically cover the after surgery. I am definitely going to try to get pre-approved for surgery.....I think they should have to watch these shows on obese people before and after surgery to understand what we are going through!

Sorry, that is my rant!!

Have a great day!
Kiskis
on 3/18/12 1:24 pm - Richmond, Canada
I saw it and found it very graphic. Lucky for me I have always worked out and have no skin issues. Just will need a boob lift :).

Kristi

Most Active