incisions and heartburn

prplady
on 11/27/11 2:07 am - Canada
hi all so the other morning I woke up with my jammies sorta stuck to one of my incisions..
it was the one where the drain had been,
seems it was sorta leaking a little.. so I put a bandage on it and that seemed to make it worse
Off to the Dr. I go (my mom thought it might be infected)

I have been having trouble with heartburn daily also

I went to my local clinic

the Dr put a bandage on with antibiotic cream and said to keep it covered a few days(no infection)
he also gave me a script for nexium 40mg
I got the generic and it is working well!

good bye heartburn

I have been having soft food for the better part of a week and am having no issues with the food at all

only trouble is .. I don't really have any sensation of fullness
So not wanting to chuck, I just mostly measure and eat very slowly

HW 270  SW 226 CW 175.8 GW 150

jaynak
on 11/27/11 3:36 am - Canada
Sorry that you're having a few issues now.  I had the leaking incision as well and after about a week with the band-aid on it was all gone, hope that you have the same results.  Heartburn just plain sucks!!!  I know that the other surgeons put their patients on pariet or something similar for at least 3 months and sometimes a year or longer, wonder why Dr. S doesn't do that??  I'm not surprised that you don't feel full!!!!  You just had major surgery on your stomach and all the nerves were cut and have to heal.  I'm 6 weeks out tomorrow and I still don't feel full (or hungry for that matter).  Keep on measuring and eating slowly, it will eventually heal and you'll start to get that full feeling again.

Take care of yourself.

lilymorg
on 11/27/11 6:04 am
I have a leaky incision aswell...but it's not the one that the drain was in...I see Dr. Sampath tomorrow. Im going to ask about the acid aswell...

And I dont feel full either really. I had 1/2 cup of soup, and I think I could have had more....but should I be able to?? makes me wonder. But im not really hungry either....
Most Active