And now we wait...

TrulyPhoenix
on 10/21/15 11:36 pm - Calgary, Canada

I went to the orientation in Red Deer today, didn't really learn anything new but it was good to get a few lingering questions answered (like that they no longer do the 1-cup diet). I was expecting the first intake appointment to be a couple weeks, but unfortunately the earliest appointment available was December 16th! They said it's generally 8-12 months from your first appointment until surgery.

I'm SO ready for this, have been tracking my food for the past 6 months and have lost 58lbs on my own so far (15% weightloss). I figure if I keep doing what I'm doing then it should be a pretty easy transition :)

Andream33
on 10/22/15 9:52 am - Drayton Valley, Canada

Hi TrulyPhoenix, I am waiting for my letter for orientation for Red Deer. I do know I have been excepted. What did they say about your 15% weight loss already? Are they going to make you lose another 10%?

TrulyPhoenix
on 10/22/15 11:08 am - Calgary, Canada

Hi Andrea,

I was wondering the same thing and asked a generalized question about it (didn't want to go into specifics since it's a group setting), they said they will certainly take into consideration any weightloss that was done prior to the first appointment. The main reason they go from your weight at your first appointment is that referrals don't always include a person's accurate weight. Also, the 10% is not really a number set in stone either, it's a general goal that they strive for but everyone is looked at on a case-to-case basis :)

Andream33
on 10/22/15 9:38 pm - Drayton Valley, Canada

Thank you for the info. I am going to add you as a friend. Hope you don't mind.

NorthernFireWoman
on 10/22/15 8:18 pm

Congratulations on your weight loss so far! I had my surgery in Ontario & my wait was 13 months. Keep doing what you are doing - tracking & making healthy choices. This wait, while frustrating, is a fraction of the time you'll be living with the surgery. Continue to use it wisely & you'll be setting yourself up for success.

You've already done really well.

Referral: Jun. 11/13;  Orientation: Jul. 24/13; SW/NP/Dietician: Nov. 2013.  Sleep test Dec. 2014.  Sleep apnea diagnosis Feb. 2014.  2nd sleep test Mar. 2014. Psychiatrist follow-up Mar. 2014. Approved by local centre Apr. 2014.  Sleep apnea follow-up May 2014. OTN apt with Dr. Sullivan Jun. 5/14.  Surgery July 7, 2014.

TrulyPhoenix
on 10/22/15 8:52 pm - Calgary, Canada

Thank you!

Most Active