Light nat the end of the tunnel

Dearnik
on 1/10/13 9:05 am - Canada

Well hello all.  Finally had an appointment with my surgeon today.  Here in Edmlonton my surgery will be done by Dr.Karmali.  We had originally been looking at the gastric sleeve but with the amount of weight I need to lose and being diabetic, we are now looking at the roux en y.  We have a scope date of May 2, with an anticipated surgery sometime in August.  He is booking right now at about 7 months.

Now I have undergone a real circuitous route to get here.  I was on a wait list for PCN for 8 months, then involved in their weight management program for 13 months,moved to the Weight wise at the Royal Alexandra and was their 8 months before my mow surgical wait list.  It appears from the date of my referral to the date of my surgery will be 35-36 months.  3 years of waiting, planning and changing.

It's been a long journey but worth it.  I can't wait for the new me to complete her transformation and resurgence!!!  So excited

Kenni
on 1/10/13 11:50 pm - Edmonton, Canada
RNY on 04/10/13
Yay!!

I think I may have been at the group session with you yesterday.

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. I wanted the sleeve but with the amount of weight I have decided on rny. My scope is booked for may 23rd. 7 months seems so far away but I am sure it will go by really fast!

http://chunkygirlkendra.blogspot.ca           

Surgery date: April 10, 2012    

Starting Weight: 386.0
Surgery Weight: 329.0

Most Active