Curious about pre-surgical diets

kellie_calgary
on 6/22/12 8:57 am - Calgary, Canada
I know that every program in Alberta is different. I am curious for those of you who have had surgery, what diet were you put on before your surgery date, and for how long. Also what weight were you before you started the diet and time of surgery?
I am just really curious how the different diets worked for people of different weights.

Referral Date: Aug 2011
Start of Weight Management Program: Feb 2012
Highest Weight: 420
Current Weight: 413
tammy K.
on 6/23/12 12:39 am - calgary, Canada
I know that at the weight wise, dr. karmali wants his bigger individuals to do three weeks of liquid pre surgery date.. to shrink the liver.  Tammy
  kindness is the nicest thing....          
kellie_calgary
on 6/23/12 4:48 am - Calgary, Canada
 what is the diet that you have to do in the weight wise program?
Referral Date: Aug 2011
Start of Weight Management Program: Feb 2012
Highest Weight: 420
Current Weight: 413
Mamatb
on 6/23/12 7:17 am - Canada
I ust had the sleeve last Monday the 18, with Dr Davey.... I had no pre op diet he said he doesn't make his patients do one, but I never saw him through the weight wise clinic.  My starting weight was 345 and day of surgery no loss, I really tried hard the first 3 months I was seeing him and lost 15lbs but when he said he was scheduling my op I gave up enjoyed what I wanted and gained the 15 lbs.... Mind you I did have a weight loss of 65lbs the prior year doing the Hcg diet, so I can diet but I had enough.  My metabolism is so slow that I have to eat what I'm going to be eating now and exercise 5hrs a day... figured that's what my sleeve is for. 
Most Active