Going Faster than I thought

Speedtrap
on 4/20/12 1:45 am - Canada
VSG on 11/09/12
Well yesterday was my 2nd visit to the clinic and it was almost a full day.
I had to see my nurse, dietician, phycologist, and the the Doctor.

Everything has been going well and I have made great progress, but when meeting with the doctor, by the time we were done she had told me I am a great candidate for surgery and booked a consult with the surgeon for next month.

All I can say is wow, that was fast, I had prepaired myself for 9 months of clinic before I would be asked about seeing a surgeon.

I am excited to see what they have to say next month.

Does anyone have any experence with Dr Birch?
teenuh
on 4/20/12 4:24 am - Canada
 Thats how mine went too...i was prepared for 9-12 months of clinics...My first appt was December, and at my next visit in Feb i was told surgery by this summer.
I have to double check my paperwork, but i think Dr Birch is my surgeon as well. My appt with him is may 28th.
its looking like i'll be in for surgery in July...so 6-7 months from my first visit to being under the knife...way fast than i expected. But i had heard rumor that Alberta Health wasnt happy with the big wait times for the weight wise and they told them to speed it up... could be both good and bad...
but i also got my call for the clinic about a year sooner than I thought i would too...
All in all i'm happy...

When is your appt w ith Dr Birch?

HW:369lbs  SW: 296.4lbs CW: 201lbs GW: 180
Surgery: VSG  Date: January 9, 2013
M1 - 24lbs M2 - 11lbs M3- 13.6lbs M4 -13.4lbs m5 -12lbs m6 -12lbs m7- 7lbs

Speedtrap
on 4/20/12 4:36 am - Canada
VSG on 11/09/12
I am booked to see him May 14th
Keelan
on 4/20/12 9:37 am
It use to be a 9 month clinic duration but they have changed the process a lot since I started my process. Everyone seems to be moving in faster and having surgery faster. I just hope that all these new people are prepared for such a life changing event to happy so qucikly.

I had Dr. Birch as a surgeon and he was good. He actually just removed my gall bladder last week as well, he is great for follow up and I have no issues with him. For my gall bladder surgery I actually seen him at the weight wise clinic, had an endoscopy done and surgery all with in one month. He gets things done fast and I've heard all good things about him.

It makes me sad to know that I will be discharged from the clinic very sooon. They have been such a hugh part of my life for the past 2.5 years it's sad to close that chapter but now I'm moving on to a plastic referral so a new chapter is opening.

Good Luck.
Kee.

HW:274  SW:238  CW: 150.0  1St goal: 199.8  2nd goal:174 (100 pound lost)
My Persoanl Goal: (HIgh)150 (Low)140

1st goal acheived December 27th/2010. 1 week after my 3rd month surgery anniversary.
2nd goal acheived June 4th/2011. 2 weeks after my 8th Month Surgiversary

Gall Bladder surgery April 12,2012

You can either believe it will happen.....or believe it won't.  Both are self fulfilled prophesies. For Me it has happened.  My Surgery was September 21/2010

Most Active