Cosmetic Surgery question for post-opers

Mel_Be_Ti
on 3/13/12 1:58 pm
Hello post-opers.... I have been reading weight loss surgery books and I have seen a few shows where bariatric patients get cosmetic surgery after losing the weight. 

Has anyone had to have surgery? 

Has anyone managed to get by without it?

I look at before and after pictures and I wonder who has had the tummy tuck, body sculpting, etc.

I have seen some people who look great and I wonder if they can achieve less skin hanging by working out.

thanks.
bonnietuck
on 3/16/12 9:48 am - Canada
i had my surgery in may/2011 and haven't lost any more weight since nov. sucks,   would  have liked to have gone down another 20lbs but my body says no. i don't know if it is as much fat as skin but it hangs over my jeans so i still can't wear a shirt tucked in. i so want some cosmetic surgery to get rid of this. from what i hear, i had my referal last week  to see dr toy and the wait to get in for the consulation is 8 months. the skin hangs a bit off my arms but i do lots of lifting at work and i am very active. wish i could get in sooner for the surgery, don't know if i should book with a different dr. but the support i have received from the weight wise clinic i don't dare.  i'm sure this doesn't help you much but i really needed to vent.....i so want my boobs lifted off my tummy, a tummy tuck and a leg lift. i did lose 12 inches off each leg so the skin is hanging down  and i have veins popping out every where.  so excited for the last stage.

Coopers_mom
on 3/16/12 12:02 pm - Canada

I can say the wait for Dr. Toy is worth it, you wont be disappointed by going to him.  He is a great doctor and great at what he does.

Jill

FDL Abdominoplasty, Monsplasty, MR, Lipo to Flanks: August 18, 2011

Keelan
on 3/17/12 12:10 pm
Bonnie,
I'm just wondering who told you it's a 8 month wait to see Dr. Toy? My referral was sent back in February and I was told 8-10 weeks. I have a few friends that have had their referral sent in as well and they waited about 8 weeks to hear from his office with a date and then anywhere from 2-4 weeks after hearing they seen him.
He has stated to these friends that he can do surgery anywhere from 2 weeks after teh consult up to 6 months depending on what it is you are having done.

Kee.

HW:274  SW:238  CW: 150.0  1St goal: 199.8  2nd goal:174 (100 pound lost)
My Persoanl Goal: (HIgh)150 (Low)140

1st goal acheived December 27th/2010. 1 week after my 3rd month surgery anniversary.
2nd goal acheived June 4th/2011. 2 weeks after my 8th Month Surgiversary

Gall Bladder surgery April 12,2012

You can either believe it will happen.....or believe it won't.  Both are self fulfilled prophesies. For Me it has happened.  My Surgery was September 21/2010

bonnietuck
on 3/18/12 3:50 am - Canada
i just couldn't stand the suspense and called his office. maybe she just said the 8 months so i wouldn't bug her again. that is such good news for me. please keep me updated with your status and how the consulatation goes. really looking forward to hearing.  good luck to you, are you as excited as me or as you were for the original surgery

Mel_Be_Ti
on 3/18/12 1:51 pm
Thanks everyone for your replies! 
teenuh
on 3/20/12 7:13 am - Canada
 Are plastics covered in Alberta?  I was curious about this for afterwards too...my legs and tummy i think will be my problem area....but i dont want to jump the gun...althought it would be nice to know ahead of time...

HW:369lbs  SW: 296.4lbs CW: 201lbs GW: 180
Surgery: VSG  Date: January 9, 2013
M1 - 24lbs M2 - 11lbs M3- 13.6lbs M4 -13.4lbs m5 -12lbs m6 -12lbs m7- 7lbs

Mel_Be_Ti
on 3/22/12 6:34 am
As far as I know, the only surgery covered in Alberta after weight loss surgery is the panni. I can't remember how to spell the full version.  It isn't tummy tuck and you have to be approved for it.  It's a surgery that removes the skin that hangs down on your lower belly area.  I can't confirm this but I heard that it only gets approved if the skin is rubbing on skin. 

All other surgeries must be paid for personally.
teenuh
on 3/22/12 6:45 am - Canada
 good to know....thx

I wont see my do****il April now (she had to cancel our monday appt ) but I plan to ask her then.....

HW:369lbs  SW: 296.4lbs CW: 201lbs GW: 180
Surgery: VSG  Date: January 9, 2013
M1 - 24lbs M2 - 11lbs M3- 13.6lbs M4 -13.4lbs m5 -12lbs m6 -12lbs m7- 7lbs

Most Active