Taking PGX to control the hunger

Mel_Be_Ti
on 1/12/12 10:48 am
Has anyone heard of PGX? It is a vitamin supplement that helps control the appetite and regulate the blood sugars.

I wonder if we can take it while doing the one cup diet? It might help with the lightheadedness and hunger pains.

It is being advertised as assisting in weight loss so I don't see how it would be problem.

Any thoughts?
a_blossom
on 1/13/12 12:08 pm
I believe that it is a type of fibre. I don't see any reason why you cannot take it. I did. It works well. Just take it a while before you eat (30min) not right as you eat. Good luck on your diet. After surgery you won't have a hard time with the hunger, since it will be mostly gone, so it is much easier to eat very small portions and feel full or comfortable (not overfill, totally not comfortable). 
Mel_Be_Ti
on 1/14/12 12:40 pm
Thank you very much for your advice. i think that it might help me at the beginning.  I cannot wait to meet with the dietician.  I need to educate myself better on foods as some foods that I thought were "good" are not good at all. I need to read more than just the caloric intake.

for example:  I bought a box of Special K Satisfaction.  It said "high in fibre, high in protein and helps curb appetite."  I thought that it would be a great breakfast choice.  Well I did a first cup test run with Special K and it felt like it was sugary.  I looked at the box and did some research and it is full of chemicals and artificial sweeteners.  It is quite furstrating and wrong that it is marked as a healthy cereal for those trying to manage their weight. 

Most Active