wrinkly skin

bonnietuck
on 6/13/11 4:36 am, edited 6/13/11 4:36 am - Canada
okay, its starting to come off, i've lost 25 pounds since surgery and its starting. the skin on my arms is getting all sorts of wrinkled old looking skin. i'm guessing the only way to deal with this is excersice....really, what has everybody else done besides this. is it starting too early, arm curls for hours each day i guess it is, well thats what i guess i have to start with. any helpful hints would be greatly appreciated
Silk911
on 6/14/11 1:37 am
Hi Bonnie,

I feel for ya.... the 'the old lady skin' is one of those things that we can't really change, but it all really depends on your age. The older we get... the less skin elasticity... so the skin doesn't really shrink.

Excercise is the key... use the excercise to tighten the skin and a good moisturizer is always helpful.

I've lost so much now... that I have skin hanging everywhere... I wear it like my medal of honor... I'm so proud of it... but I conceal it as much as possible... I hate flappy arms in the wind... I'm actually thinking about learning to fly... LOL LOL

Good luck with your journey...

Melody

Shawna B.
on 6/15/11 12:04 am
Hi Bonnie,

Congrats on your success!! It really does get better doesn't it?? ;)

If we see wrinkly skin we are seeing results! lol that is how I look at it! 

My best friend since surgery is gold bond ultimate lotion.  I apply it head to toe every morning and it seems to help alot and at night time I still feel like I had just applied it.

How are you doing and feeling otherwise?

I am not stuck in a stall and I am not sure how to get out.  I am also really struggling with head hunger....most of the time it doesn't win.....just really once again not having a good time! 

Take care and chat soon!

Shawna
Most Active