May/11 Referral to Dr. Farries's Clinic.

newmom35
on 5/15/11 4:29 pm - Edmonton, Canada
RNY on 12/19/12
My doctor referred me to Dr. Farries beginning of May. Just wondering if there is anybody else that got referred this May and is waiting to hear from his office.  I'm anxious to hear from them. I hope it won't take to long. I can handle waiting months for the apppointment. I just want to know If I get one! LOL
Thanks!
Mykmini
on 5/16/11 6:16 am
RNY on 03/15/12
 I hate to break it to you, but I will. 

I got referred Feb 3rd, I called in a week later and they told me there is nothing I can do but wait and they can't give me any info yet. I did not get a call until end of March saying my appointment was in May. 

They are also moving in June so I doubt they will be doing a terrible amount of booking right now. Infact, they didn't even give me a follow-up appointment date, just said they would call me with a date later. 

It seems like forever now, but it will go fast. 
Referral Date- Feb. 3, 2011  1st consultation booked- May 2011
Approved for surgery-Oct 2011
Surgery Date- March 15, 2012

Hw-321 Cw-305.8

newmom35
on 5/16/11 9:19 am - Edmonton, Canada
RNY on 12/19/12
Thanks for the reply.
I idn't know they were moving too. It probably will be awhile then. Guess I just have go be patient!
Did they mention if other surgeons are taking patients now too with him?

Did they make you start the diet right away?

Keep us posted!
Best Wishes!
Mykmini
on 5/16/11 9:29 am
RNY on 03/15/12
 Hi

Yup, they are moving to the hospital since they are running out of room and such. June 10th is the big move. 

The other surgeons are not taking patients from what I know. His nurse said we could/probably will meet the other surgeons during our follow-ups but the actual surgery (at least in our group today) will be performed by Dr. F.  (Does that make sense?)

They sent me the paper work the end of March, after calling to book appointment. There was 2 forms and a small booklet of information. In the information it outlines the diet in (somewhat) specifics. It says then you do not need to start it until the first day, I don't recommend starting it early either. Any weight you lose prior to the first weigh in does not count towards your 10% goal. Of course any weight lost is great, but I would not start till that first day. 

Good luck and hope that answered some questions. 
Referral Date- Feb. 3, 2011  1st consultation booked- May 2011
Approved for surgery-Oct 2011
Surgery Date- March 15, 2012

Hw-321 Cw-305.8

newmom35
on 5/16/11 9:45 am - Edmonton, Canada
RNY on 12/19/12
Thanks for sharing!
Best Wishes on your journey!
Keep us posted!
a_blossom
on 5/16/11 3:09 pm
I had my first app. at the beginning of the month & my group are all Dr. Menezes patients. I was referred last year, but never got a call. I called them months later only to find out they had no file on me & had to be re-referred.
newmom35
on 5/17/11 8:45 am - Edmonton, Canada
RNY on 12/19/12
That's great you finally got in. And good news that the clinic has another Doctor doing procedures now. How many were there in your group?

Im on the  "list" for a consultation. But the member "Mykmini " said they were moving offices soon. Like she said I will probably be waiting a long time for my consultation date. Maybe up to a year. Oh well.

In the mean time its nice to hear from everone going through the same process. Let us know how things go.
Best Wishes.
a_blossom
on 5/17/11 12:53 pm
There were 5 of us that day. My next appointment is in early June, before they move, for a weigh in & to check progress. At the first appointment, we each had an individual weigh in, then as a group watched a video, then each person met with the surgeon & had a quick exam. I hope the process goes quickly, but that depends on how fast I can lose weight.
newmom35
on 5/17/11 1:50 pm - Edmonton, Canada
RNY on 12/19/12
Did you like the doctor?

Do you have to lose a certain percentage of your start weight?

Good Luck with your diet girls! I'll send you both my good thoughts!
a_blossom
on 5/17/11 2:14 pm
I did like Dr. Menezes. He answered my questions & spent a lot of time with me. The requirement is 10% weight loss following their plan of 1 cup of food 3 times per day.
Most Active