PLEASE HELP

Kris Webb
on 2/26/07 1:12 am - Prince Albert, Canada
Am seriously considering lap band out of country. Where can I get fills? Dr davey does not do fills for people who are not his patients, and neither does the dr in calgary. For those of you who went out of the country, who does your fills??? Please let me know. Thanks so much. You can email at [email protected]
cori07
on 3/1/07 7:36 am - Grande Prairie, Canada
I do not know what fills are yet, sorry I can not help with that, but I am wondering where you are going for your surgery? Are you going to the clinic in Mexico? I am considering that option as well. Very scared, very expensive.
Kris Webb
on 3/3/07 2:31 am - Prince Albert, Canada
Well fills are what need to be done to make the band smaller or larger. If I decide to go out of country it will most definatley be with Dr Joya in Puerto Vallerta. I have however got a consultation with a surgeon in Alberta and may change my mind to the RNY. The reason for this is money, complications and follow up. Where are from? BTW Mexico is much cheaper than Canada... Kris
cori07
on 3/3/07 4:16 am - Grande Prairie, Canada
I am from Grande Prairie. I saw Dr. Farries, he said before I got the GBP I had to loose 30 lbs, I only lost 22lbs in the 3 months. To be frank, he kinda scared me. I now have an appt with Dr. Nohr in Medicine Hat. 18-24 months wait for surgery, and sooooo far from home. I think the lap band will work for me less invasive, less recovery time, I am just nervous about going to mexico. Where are you from? Cori
Kris Webb
on 3/3/07 5:47 am - Prince Albert, Canada
I am from Prince Albert SK. I was considering going to see Dr Farries as well however it is such a bizarre way to get your refferal to him. I couldnt see my Dr sitting on the phone all day (and only one day out of the year) to try to get through. And what if he didnt, then I would have to wait another year to try and get through?! I called Dr Davey in Bonnyville (he's from Edmonton) and I got a consultation appointment the same day I put the refferal in, and the appointment is within the month! Fast. I did ALOT of research into the Mexico thing and I would not be scared at all going there. Everyone I have talked to say it is the best!! Dr Joya and team are great!! I havent changed my mind about going to Mexico, I think I may have changed my mind from doing the lapband?? I am still up in the air and contimplating between the two. If you want to talk I have free long distance and can call you, or visa versa if you want. I can tell you all I learned about Mexico etc... Later gater, Kris
kelkaz
on 3/5/07 1:39 am - Canada
Hi Kris, I went to Dr Joya and He was just great. I wished I would have found a fill doctor first, I'm waiting to hear from Dr. Phillip Mitchel in Calgary. Good Luck. Kathy
sunseeker37
on 3/6/07 9:04 am - Saskatoon, Canada
Has anyone found a fill doctor willing to take them yet? I'm in Saskatchewan as well but expect that the nearest doctor is Calgary (if he's willing to take patients who didn't have the surgery with him). I'm looking at Dr. Joya in Puerto Vallarta as well. Interestingly, my extended health care plan has indicated that they will pay for the surgery in Saskatchewan because our provincial health care plan doesn't cover it.
ga663
on 3/7/07 11:50 pm - Prince Albert, Canada
I would really appreciate any info you could give me such as how you got your referral in to Dr. Davey, is the surgery covered, how long is wait after consultation, etc. I am very interested in surgery in Alberta and do not have a problem traveling but I am not sure where to begin my journey.
kapesland
on 6/6/07 12:53 pm - Calgary, Canada
Mexico - Mexico - Mexico My daughter and I went to Tijuana for our Lap Band Surgery about 4 weeks ago. We are originally from the P.A. area so I thought I had to respond. Dr. Ortiz is the cream of the crop as far as we are concerned. My daughter is 21 and I am just a little bit older (49) and we had a great experience. All of the staff treats you like family -- and you don't have to know spanish to get by. We also plan to go back in a couple of weeks to get our fills done and as we haven't heard any good feedback on fills done in Calgary. I am new to this sight, but I can't say enough good about this clinic. The nurses were like "mom" to everyone and the Doctors were HOT! If you have any further questions you can contact me and I hope I can find my way back on this sight to respond. P.S. Do you know Marilyn Touet -- she is my sister in Prince Albert?
Kris Webb
on 6/6/07 1:06 pm - Prince Albert, Canada
Hello hello. Dr Otiz was my second choice. I did go with Dr Kuri, I am sure they are both great!!! Surgery went great! I am getting my first fill this week in the area. Where are you from now? It is possible to get fills around here. Thanks for the message, hope you find your way back here. You can email me if you like @ [email protected] Kris
Most Active