August 30, 2012... My journey is on it's way...

Sissylou
on 8/20/12 5:23 pm, edited 8/20/12 6:05 pm - TX
My surgery date is next Thursday, 8/30/2012.  I am getting a Lap-Band.

I am little anxious, but not about the surgery, about not being able to enjoy some of my favorite things.  Blue Bell may just go belly up...  I am the one who keeps them in business!  Just call me, "Job security!"
     One real concern that I have is being able to swallow pills.  I take seizure medication and can not afford to not be able to hold my pills down.  Has anyone had any experience taking regular meds while haveing the Lap-Band?  I am mostly worried about the initial 2-3 weeks.  I understand that many can't hold anything down during this time.
     I appreciate any feedback I can get.  I am also thankful for such a website in which to have discussions with those who have actually  gone through the experience.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Mom to four, Nana to One, who is READY to be a thiner,  healthier one!

CHUCHIEDONNA
on 8/20/12 10:27 pm - NJ
Hi Sissylou, im scheldued for surgery the same day...i had the lap band and loved it,i had no problems swallowing pills.i did really well. I lost a total of 50 lbs in a year.(remember you lose weight a lot slower then people have bypass.) I had to have my band removed,because i ate a chicken nugget from chick fil a.It got stuck,and after a day of vomiting,i ended up in the emergency room.unable to keep anything down.The surgery itself was a breeze,went back to work after 2 weeks.Im now having rny on the 30th..Wishing you nothing but the best,im sure you will do great !!
Sissylou
on 8/22/12 10:53 am - TX
     Dadgum chicken nuggets...  LOL
Glad you were able to get that taken care off.  My kids think that chicken nuggests make the world go around. 
     Great that you are able to have it implanted again.  Good to to hear that you did not have trouble swallowing pills.  That is such a big deal for me since I take seizure meds. Thanks for letting me knowt that.  Kinda' puts my mind at ease a bit.
     Since I have been on this pre-op diet, I have been losing a bit of weight.  Problem with diets with me is that I will lose a little weight, but always put it right back on.Looking forward to being able to make it past the plateau.
     I am   in a slight state of mourning, though.  I am looking at all the food I love that I will not be able to enjoy...  sigh...
     But, I am sure that it will be worth it in the end!

Hope your surgery goes well.  Let's check in with each other afterwards!

carolwilliams72
on 8/31/12 6:32 pm - WA

hope your feeling better , 1 day after your BIG day...im excited for you..im excited for me...a little nervous ...food is what  is my comfort...but im gunna..we can, do it!! One day at a time..take it easy.hope all went well
Sissylou
on 9/1/12 11:26 am, edited 9/1/12 11:26 am - TX
I was really hurting last night.  I think that it was just the gas/air trying to excape because most of the pain was in my back.  Today has been much better and I have been walking some.  Ready to be able to laugh without having to hold my belly!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 253 views
Surgery on 08/22
DivineVita · 1 replies · 672 views
My surgery
ozoria28 · 9 replies · 671 views