ScottAZ’s Posts

ScottAZ
on 9/26/23 2:21 am
Topic: RE: Need Advice -4th surgery now.

I have had 2 hernia repairs due to my Open RNY back in 2008. My last repair was in 2011 at Mayo, where they repaired the hernia and lined my stomach with mesh, and I have had no issues.

I have now been advised that my gallbladder has stones and it should come out. The surgeon wants to do this LAP, but has 100% advised me that i am at elevated risk due to all the previous surgeries, mesh may have adhered to other organs, vain, and she might have to open me up to get the gallbladder out. Odds at 50/50.

Other facts. I have been diagnosed wtih Exocrine pancreatic insufficiency (EPI) is a condition characterized by deficiency of the exocrine pancreatic enzymes, resulting in the inability to digest food properly, or maldigestion along with IBS.

Has anyone had galdbladder removed after having mesh placed to repair hernia?

Nov 2007 start 6 month diet at 380 lbs 

ScottAZ
on 6/23/09 11:20 am
Topic: RE: Happy Aniversary to Me..
Just sitting here and still can't belive today is my one year aniversary.  What a long way I have come.  I still can not believe that i have lost over 220 lbs.  I would like to thank everyone for all of their support over the last year, you all mean so much to me.  I would like to thank one special person, Dr. Schlesinger you are the bomb, thank you for helping me get my second chance at life.  I will update my pics soon..

ScottAZ
on 2/22/09 10:49 pm
Topic: RE: 8 Month Aniversary today and updated pics

Good morning everyone,

Wow is all I can say.  I can't believe it has been 8 months already.  I am down around 190lbs and holding.

I have been working now with the cruise line for 6 weeks.  Over the w/e I did go to my monthly support group meeting, and wow it did me well.  I came clean on a lot of stuff.  It was good to be able to share my thoughts with my friends.  Its been a battle lately with me slipping back into old habits.  Kind of funny that I am not the only one who is going thru this.  I am now re-focused on what I have been able to do, with losing the 190lbs.  I was focused on what I want to lose not what I already have lost.  Thank you for everyone who listened and gave me words of wisdom.  It does mean a lot to me.  Well I need to get ready for work now folk, have a great day.

ScottAZ
on 11/17/08 9:08 am
Topic: RE: 7 1/2 wks post RNY have not lost for a week
You might want to try to mix things up a little.. try a little walk before you leave for work?   Have you changed any of the protein or foods you are eating?

ScottAZ
on 10/27/08 11:31 am
Topic: RE: New pics
Hey folks,

I decided it was time to post some up to date pics of me at 4 months post op...
Its kind of funny as I look at these pics, i dont think thats me at all.. Its just weird not seeing a fat person anymore...

Scott

ScottAZ
on 10/26/08 7:12 am
Topic: RE: ugg
Laura,

Glad to see you are losing again congrats...:-)

miss y ou

xoxoox

ScottAZ
on 10/26/08 5:01 am
Topic: RE: ugg
Is their anyone else who is having issues trying to upload new pics?

ScottAZ
on 10/22/08 2:34 pm
Topic: RE: Open VS Laparoscopic
Hi,

I had my open RNY 6-23-08 and the dr required I be off work for about 5 weeks.  I thought he was crazy at first, but i am glad i took his advice.  I spent 2 1/2 days in the hospital. you will need the extra recovery time at home..  Follow  your gut when you choice the dr...

Scott

Most Active