Recent Posts

JenO8396
on 3/25/19 8:32 am
Topic: RE: Greetings and a Question!

Hi Roz! Thanks for checking in with me. I'm two months out and doing really well. I've lost a total of 44 pounds and have 26 more to lose before I reach my goal. Solids are going well and the constipation I was struggling with has resolved now that I've added in Benefiber and a flax/chia/hemp seed blend. I have discovered my body's "please don't take another bite" signal and have been focusing on slowing my eating so that I don't miss it. There have been some minor challenges here and there, but my main focus is changing my relationship with food. My husband is a great support and it's great to see that I'm not the only one who looks to my faith for guidance!

Blessings,

Jen

My goal is to no longer allow food to be detrimental to my health and well-being, but rather learn to utilize food to enhance it!

(deactivated member)
on 3/25/19 2:43 am
VSG on 03/21/19
Topic: Fairly New @ 4 days post op

Just found this forum and enjoyed reading the old posts.

I'm 55yrs young and 5'2" with highest weight of 212. So very glad to be at this stage of my journey and excited for the days and months to come.

Roz !!!!
on 3/24/19 6:05 pm - Butler, PA
Topic: Just Checking in with the Lightweights

Every once in awhile I check in to see if some of my "old" Friends check in. Send me a message if you ever do!!!! I miss you all!!!!

I'm doing pretty good. Really no problem with my weight at all. I've held steady around 119-121 for years now. Still wearing the same dress pants I bought 10 years ago. I get them dry cleaned and they still look nice. My belly and legs are still in bad shape as far as loose skin goes but I just can't see at 65 getting it taken care of. I look fine when I'm fully dressed..... A friend just had an RNY done. I told her about it years ago but the time just wasn't right for her then. . Her daughter's getting married very soon and I can't wait to see the pictures of her in her Mother of the Bride dress. I'm really happy for her.

Family Wise: Our 3 daughters, 3 sons-in-laws and 9 grandkids are doing great. My daughters opened up their own All-Star Cheer Gym after being somewhere else for 17 years. On their 1st year anniversary in Dec. they had about 250 kids who were itching to compete at the first competition. They just competed with 11 teams at a local competition and took 11 first places plus specialty awards.

My hubby has had some heart attacks and got a pacemaker last summer. In a couple of weeks he's going back in for an Ablation for Afib. We have pretty good Drs. in Pittsburgh that we trust to keep him ticking.

Well DH (Darling Hubby) is headed to bed so I better finish up here. He's retired but I still work and I have to get up early in the morning.

LOVE my Lightweights!!!!

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Roz !!!!
on 3/24/19 5:29 pm - Butler, PA

Hi Jen! I just checked in and was wondering how your journey was going??? I'd like to hear from you if you have time send me a message!!

Roz

on Maintenance

(deactivated member)
on 3/19/19 2:42 pm
VSG on 08/06/12
seimone123
on 3/15/19 11:38 am
Topic: RE: Have you tried to make yourself heavier for approval?

Hi

What kind of weights I can stuff in my bra? Will try that. Need 12 more pounds.

seimone123
on 3/12/19 12:42 pm
Teri P.
on 3/4/19 9:29 am
RNY on 01/15/19
Topic: RE: Hi Lightweights!!!!!

Roz

I am doing great. I have lost 18 pounds since January 15th, my surgery date. Walking 2 to 4 miles a day. Just joined a small group fitness place as I need to do more than walk. I hope to learn some good exercise routines with a 1:4 trainer ratio, then go back to my church gym and implement. Still on soft foods. Total loss since Aug 4 is 33 pounds , so shopping in my closet now, in the "save this as I am gonna lose weight" section. Glad I saved some of those clothes now!

Not really cooking but beginning to look at some of the recipes on different websites. Thanks for asking!! Teri.

Hey, how do you put that stuff at the bottom of your messages that shows M-1. M-2 and weight loss in pounds?? Thanks

Roz !!!!
on 3/2/19 6:03 pm - Butler, PA
Topic: RE: Hi Lightweights!!!!!

I wondered how you were doing.

Roz

on Maintenance

Pure_Prairie
on 2/12/19 9:00 am
VSG on 01/10/19

Hi Jen,

Welcome to LWs.

My journey began at 183, and I am only 5' so my starting BMI was 35. I have gotten feedback on "not looking that heavy" but the scale doesn't lie and BMI is just math...

Every journey is unique but I can share my journey as a LW and even though it hasn't been very long (5 weeks) it has been more successful in my mind.

Pre -op I was 171 lbs, at 1 week I was 161 lbs, 1 month 148 lbs. I can see where it has slowed somewhat, and adding in walking 1 mile a day helped me pick up the pace somewhat.

I am a little less than 20 lbs from my goal and I am sure it will continue to slow but my follow up appt with my surgeon is April 4th, and I would be thrilled to be at my surgeon's goal then. Of course I know it will take upping my exercise even more. His goal for me is 128, which is no longer overweight for my height. However, at 118 I felt amazing, and felt like I looked amazing, that was about 2007 - 2008.

Sorry I cannot offer more data... best wishes on your journey!

HW: 183 Pre-Op: 171 Post WLS Month 1: 149 Month 2: 141 Month 3: 133

Surgeon's goal: 128 My Goal: 118

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 304 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 428 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 491 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 509 views