Recent Posts

NCMTNEER13
on 5/23/18 10:20 am
VSG on 11/26/18
Topic: RE: I'll make the first post of 2018

Almost halfway through my 6 month pre-surgery weight loss program. I've lost 29 lbs. so far. Down from 320 to 291. Still seems a long way but I'm getting closer.

Chrissyq333
on 3/27/18 11:26 am - Sudbury, ON
RNY on 10/29/18
Topic: RE: I'll make the first post of 2018

I'm 30 and am just looking for more people to talk about this process to! While my family listens and supports me, I don't think they really understand what I am going through. I was just referred by my GP to the bariatric program in my city. I have been as high as 385 (pregnant) and as low (my lowest) 220. I am now 285 and unable to keep the weight off and am terrified to see that 300 mark again. I will be getting the RNY surgery. I am anxious/scared and excited about it all at once and I still have about a year to wait until my surgery.

Referral date: March 20, 2018 Orientation Date: May 30, 2018 Surgery date: October 29, 2018 with Dr Rotstein at St Micheal's in Toronto.

NCMTNEER13
on 3/15/18 5:42 am
VSG on 11/26/18
Topic: I'll make the first post of 2018

Seems like this board is dead, but I'm in my 30's and would definitely like to chat with others my age about WLS. I'm currently in my insurance-required 6 month Weight Loss Program. Once complete I hope to be approved for VSG. I'm 36 and have weighed as high as 321 lbs.

Hope this post will kick-start this board back into action.

elaineduff.1984
on 5/17/17 7:30 pm
Topic: Mrs saggz

Hello. I am a 32 year old single mother. I got the surgery and lost over 150lbs. But havent had the self confidence i thought i would have after surgery. I have been single and sex and relationship free for four years. Wondering if there is anything western or dr cyriac can do for me total sfomach flop no boobs and hanging innef upper thights sont wear shorts or go out swimming. I am embarassed and afraid. Please help me be happy again and let myself be love and find love once again..

Can anyone help. Do not have money to get on my own.

Msdontjudgeme
on 10/27/16 7:09 pm
Topic: What's with the stall in weight loss week 3/4??..

Hey did anybody else experience the weight loss stall? I ddropped 25 lbs then nothing... how long does it last? Am I doing something wrong? Should I do something different? 

soundview
on 8/13/15 1:24 pm
VSG on 09/28/15
Topic: RE: I am new

I'm new to.  I went to my first consult on 3rd.

Good luck.

Virginia

Sleeve Surgery 9/28/2015 - HW 290, PreOp Diet -15lbs, SW 275, GW 148

ChubbyHubby82
on 1/26/15 10:12 pm, edited 1/26/15 10:13 pm
VSG on 07/06/15
Topic: RE: Tummy tuck with lipo...5 days off?!?!

I am in the pre-op stages of getting a VGS. The mantra that everyone keeps telling me is that I need to listen to my body. When i am thirsty drink some water, if I am hungry or feeling peckish have some carrots, celery, or nuts.

At the end of the day you know your own body and everyone is different. I would suspect that it would be a 5 day minimum off from work.  

Rianne D.
on 1/15/15 10:30 am - MO
Topic: Tummy tuck with lipo...5 days off?!?!

Have you had one? How long did you have to be off work? How much did you spend?

I went for a consultation and she said only 5 days off work?? That seems really short!!  I am a nurse in the icu. I know I won't be lifting but do you think I could go back that fast?? She said I will have drains 1-3 weeks. 

Myspace CodesMyspace LayoutsMyspace CodesMyspace LayoutsMyspace Codes, Myspace GraphicsMyspace Layouts

"I come this way only once, so let me do all the good I can, for I
will never come this way again."
scales.gif image by strawberryswirlnet
David F.
on 1/10/15 10:37 am - Henderson, NV
Topic: RE: anybody on this forum???

it is pretty quiet on this thing.

Daveo

Surgery: Feb 9, 2015   HW: 517SW: 467

AmberLee72
on 1/7/15 4:24 am
Topic: DOUBLE POST- Stolen before and afters and update!

Hey Everyone!

I thought I would share this with you all. You got to love when a big online magazine with 18 million followers steals your before and after, cuts your watermark off it and posts it to their facebook wall. 402,000 likes?!?! My facebook is flooded with hundreds of friends requests and emails from 120 girls asking me how to lose weight. WTF!!!! LOL!

Here is an updated photo from last month of my partner Lesa and I. Lesa had gastric bypass 9 years ago and has maintained her 130 lb weight loss! I had gastric bypass in 2011 and have lost 171 lbs!! On the left I was around 305-311lbs and on the right I weigh 140 lbs.

Please follow my journey on instagram. My instagram name is peace_train. http://instagram.com/peace_train/

Most Active
Recent Topics