Freewheeler’s Posts

Freewheeler
on 5/3/24 3:28 pm
Topic: RE: One Year Out From Sleeve Surgery - Is This Typical?

Greetings,

So I am one year out from sleeve surgery and I am just curious if what I am experiencing is normal.

I seem to have more tolerance now for foods and don't get the foamy mouth like I used to if I ate or drank too much. Granted I am not trying to push myself to try to trigger the "foamies", but I sort of liked that I had that feeling to stop eating or I may throw up. It was like added assistance for me to maintain things.

I am just wondering if I am at that crossroads now - where some people start gaining the weight back because the stomach has now adapted (I know the stomach doesn't stretch back to what it was) and having more tolerance now for foods - people can fall back into their old patterns if they are not careful.

I am still losing weight slowly, but that is of course better than gaining weight back slowly.

I am so happy that I had the surgery and I wish I did it 10 years ago, but I am curious to hear feedback from other people when they were at their one year mark.

Thanks!

FW

Freewheeler
on 4/20/24 6:40 pm
Topic: RE: Expired Optifast Question

Greetings,

I have fallen off the track a bit after having the sleeve and wanted to go through a sort of detox again with optifast, however it is now two months expired and I wanted to ask if this is really an issue. Typically with food and even medicine - it lasts longer than what it says on the packaging.

Now granted if this was a year expired or more, then I can see there being an issue - but even then I have seen people online willing to buy expired optifast because it is cheaper than buying from their doctor.

I was just curious to see what the feedback would be here.

Thanks!

FW

Freewheeler
on 6/1/23 7:01 am, edited 6/1/23 7:16 am
Topic: RE: I Am Not Really Seeing The Weight Loss I Was Expecting

Greetings,

So I finally had my sleeve surgery 3 weeks ago and while there has been weight loss, it hasn't really been what I expected.

I don't have unrealistic expectations, but I expected to lose more weight than if I just did it on my own without the surgery with little calorie intake and some activity like with doing Optifast prior. Or just eating healthy (which I wasn't doing) and going for a walk everyday.

Perhaps it takes a month to really get things going, but I am hardly really eating anything when compared to the 4,000 calories+ a day I was eating that got me this way. I do eat a breakfast, lunch and dinner, so I am not starving myself - but I am not yet in the solid food phase yet.

I have sort of reprogrammed my brain and I am not really craving the things now that made me obese. Now granted I know I JUST had the surgery and don't know how things will be 4 months from now, but I am just sort of wondering in the back of my mind if the surgery was really necessary in the sense that I maybe could have lost the same amount of weight if I finally just stuck to living a better life when it comes to food and my health.

I would appreciate any feedback from anyone else where weight loss started a bit slow even with having a smaller stomach now or feedback in general.

Thanks!

FW

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 80 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 293 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 344 views