Protein Shake Recipes

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/2/17 5:18 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I almost never drink shakes as I prefer my protein in solid form. I usually get at least 90 g a day via food.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Keith L.
on 11/2/17 9:00 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

That's great! It is certainly a better way to get it. There is a strong case for something like like a whey isolate for people trying to build muscle or for people who struggle with digesting protein as whey isolate makes it into the muscle much more quickly than digested protein.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

rissa1224
on 11/2/17 5:51 am - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

I like my shakes in the morning on work days! I've been trying to do them in decaf coffee, as it helps me not snack in mid morning before lunch. I'm trying to cut out the snacking. Once I see the new nutritionist I'll get better. Weekends are usually either chaos, or I'm home and make an egg, topped with EBB spice, and some Taylor ham or bacon on the side. Not nearly as high in protein but sometimes I like to eat instead of drink the protein.

Keith L.
on 11/2/17 8:25 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Shakes are good for when you can't get your protein in another way. So the way you are doing it is great as it is quick and easy. I used to do my shakes with instant coffee as I liked the caffeine.

Cooked protein from eggs and such is a much better way to go. I do try to eat eggs for breakfast every day, even when I travel. They a great source of bio-available protein.

What is EBB spice?

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

rissa1224
on 11/2/17 8:46 am - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

I love the convenience during my work days, plus like I said it keeps me fuller longer. I do love eggs do every so often I'll make a scrambled egg and have half of a yogurt with it for extra protein.

The EBB spice is "everything but the bagel" seasoning. It's delish but I try not to use it more than 1x a week.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 135 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 393 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views