Soooo I'm 1 month post op.....

purduebaby12
on 5/29/17 6:33 am

I am really looking forward to exercising... I can't eat so why not run...lol

adistacke
on 5/28/17 4:09 pm
VSG on 05/16/17

Thanks for sharing...liked reading about your journey! I had surgery 12 days ago. I came to Ohio from Chicago last week and have so much stuff to take home...your story emphasizes not to over-do it lifting stuff.

Take care-melissa

purduebaby12
on 5/29/17 6:39 am

Yes!!!! Congrats!!! Don't lift over 10lb (or whatever your Dr. said) I feel so much better but it was taken a week to get better! So be careful!!!!

diane S.
on 5/28/17 5:34 pm

Hey, sounds like you are having a pretty typical journey.. You will learn more about ordering less (bring your own go box) and don't worry if you toss food out. I would check with your doctor about the big incision pain. You may have hurt yourself moving the table. Naughtly naughty.

I am seven plus years out. The only thing I wish I knew earlier was how to make protein drinks taste better. I eventually figured it out but it took awhile.

Follow your doctors program to the letter and DO NOT eat any white carbs even if you doctor allows it. Lose as much as you can as fast as you can. You are on the right path but deal with that pain. gl diane s

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/29/17 3:22 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Bring your own box? I never thought of that - I think I'll keep ziplocks in my purse.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

purduebaby12
on 5/29/17 7:12 am

I have been avoiding white carbs like the black plague!!!! BUT this morning I had a 2lb gain!!! I looked at my notes and realized I only have half of the protein and half the water....so I need to get better at that... I NEVER "feel" hungry so I guess I need to set a timer or something...I just came back to work Friday so I made sure to eat at work but by the time I get home I'm not hungry...any suggestions? The pain has gotten better but I won't be lifting anything over 10lbs until I'm healed!!!

OutsideMatchInside
on 5/29/17 9:34 am
VSG on 07/15/15

It is nice to see someone able to eat out and still enjoy it. So many people complain about eating out or have trouble with choices and I think they are really over thinking it. It is easy to do it right.

I'm glad you are adjusting well to post-op life, you seem to have the keys to success!

Good luck.

I am 22.5 months from surgery.

I always say I wish I knew pre-op that we wouldn't be stuck with small portions for life. Or not be able to eat things we enjoy. I pretty much eat the same as I did pre-op, just with few carbs (I was already low carb for years to control my diabetes). Also, if I knew I would be able to chug water again, I wouldn't have mourned that as hard as I did.

I think the most import things are

Track your food

Weigh your food (not measure, not eyeball, use a scale)

Weigh yourself everyday so you can desensitize yourself and learn your body trends and stay accountable

I would say be active but really when you lose a lot of weight, you can't even sit still if you wanted to.

HW:370 Weight at First Consult: 365 Surgery 7/15/2015 Weight:358 CW: 187 Previous Clothing Size: 28/30 Current Clothing Size: 8/10

purduebaby12
on 5/29/17 9:49 am, edited 5/29/17 2:50 am

Your right it is easy to eat out... I know what I can eat so I ordered it! JUST DIDN'T (couldn't) EAT IT ALL...lol

robotfish1911
on 5/30/17 8:09 am
VSG on 11/10/16

Glad to hear that you're doing so well. Stay positive and keep up the good work. Start exercising and lifting weights as soon as you can. It really gives you a boost of confidence and improves your results (at least for me it did).

I'm at month number six and I'm down 110 lbs.

M/34/5'10"

HW 293 CW 180

purduebaby12
on 5/30/17 9:20 am, edited 5/30/17 2:20 am

WOW!! That's amazing!!! what do you do for cardio and weights? I haven't been cleared for weights yet...the pain I was having has finally subsided I plan to start back in the gym next week I have been back to work and don't want to do to much as the pain just stopped!!!! I do plan on recommitting to the gym! I have a good idea of my diet, however at times eating is an after thought. Now that I'm at work it's easier because lunch is at a set time every day so it's easy to remember to eat!

You're doing awesome!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 132 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 392 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 423 views