What do you count as liquids?

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 2/5/16 9:32 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Oh, hells yeah it counts! It's a liquid, it counts.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

alouisa63
on 2/5/16 11:26 am - Farmington Hills, MI
VSG on 07/30/15

totally made me laugh!

Starting Weight 375  SW 375 Height 5'9" 

L. 68
on 2/5/16 9:25 pm

lol

"Your not a failure if you fall your a failure if you fall and don't get up"

" Beauty is Pain"

acbbrown
on 2/5/16 12:21 pm - Granada Hills, CA

My beer counts!!! 

I drink a ton of coffee - sometimes to the exclusion of water. I can feel a major difference though between my "fluids come from coffee" days and my "fluids come from water" days. But I gave up tracking my fluids a long time ago since I like to drink a lot of whatever - I've got a "drinking" problem hehehe. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 2/5/16 12:46 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Protein shakes only counted as liquid immediately after surgery.

I always drink at least 64 ounces of water per day, and usually two large cups of coffee.  If I'm feeling extra perky, I'll have a Coke Zero.

I don't count any liquids that are related to foods, such as soups.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

(deactivated member)
on 2/5/16 12:50 pm

It all counts! I do feel better, though, when I drink a full 64 oz of plain water. I carry a 24+ oz water bottle all day. I fill it three times over the course of a day and finish all three. Additionally, I have a 12 oz shake and a couple cups of coffee every day. 

It's really just about staying hydrated, but the water does help you lose a bit faster. It acts as a mechanism to flush the body of the by products of fat burning for energy. I don't know exactly how it works, but I've been told that my two MDs for whom I have great respect. I read it somewhere, too. Wish I could remember where.  

(deactivated member)
on 2/5/16 12:54 pm
VSG on 12/17/15

I was told by my dietitian that hot tea/coffee (caffeinated or caffeine free), water used in protein shakes (I don't make mine with milk) water of any kind with add ins (mio/crystal lite), plain water, broth and popsicles count. But I try and make my liquids either plain water, decaf tea, or enhanced water. I don't care for popsicles or broth much anymore, I have one protein shake a day (sometimes two if needed). But I easily get at least 64 oz a day minimum in jus****er so I don't stress too much about liquids. For newbies who are just out of surgery you need to count things like broth and jello because you're healing and getting enough liquid in the first few days is hard according to my dietitian.

(deactivated member)
on 2/5/16 12:56 pm
VSG on 12/17/15

BTW "Drinking caffeine-containing beverages as part of a normal lifestyle doesn't cause fluid loss in excess of the volume ingested. While caffeinated drinks may have a mild diuretic effect -- meaning that they may cause the need to urinate -- they don't appear to increase the risk of dehydration" -Mayo Clinic

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-he althy-eating/expert-answers/caffeinated-drinks/faq-20057965

L. 68
on 2/5/16 9:30 pm

I have no problem going to the hospital to get iv solution saline...  i went quite a few times with the band that the emergency room staff new me by name..  Yup my insurance pay for it and i need it..  

"Your not a failure if you fall your a failure if you fall and don't get up"

" Beauty is Pain"

KathyA999
on 2/5/16 9:46 pm

I count everything - shakes (if I have one, a rare occurrence these days), coffee, milk, tea, smoothies.  If I can swallow it without chewing, it goes into the hydration category.

Height 5' 7"   High Wt 268 / Consult Wt 246 / Surgery Wt 241 / Goal Wt 150 / Happy place 135-137 / Current Wt 143
Tracker starts at consult weight       

In maintenance since December 2011.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 97 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 323 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 367 views